One : Gossip

Clarice Luxembourg was known at her workplace as a quiet twenty-five year old woman working a dead-end job and apparently no ambition in life.

She was always expressionless whenever she was around people and talked little to nothing.

As much as she was a mystery, she was the centre of attraction of many men as well.

Clarice Luxembourg was beautiful.

She didn't have any special features on her face. She had the common dark brown eyes that most people seemed to have. Her hair was rich chocolate brown and she had the fairest of skin. It didn't seem humanly possible to have such fair skin.

Women often found themselves jealous of her completely common features but extremely breathtaking looks. It frustrated them to no end. What does she eat that makes her skin glow like that? - they would often wonder to themselves.

Not only her face, but even her body was perfect with curves at the right places. She dressed up nicely as well. How could men not drool over her and how could the women not be jealous?

But at her apartment building, a different story is told.

In her apartment building, people know her as a two-faced woman.

Her first face was the one she showed everyone outside her place of residence. This face was polite and asocial. This face was gentle and helpful. This face seemed naive and innocent.

Her second face was an atrocious one. This one her neighbours got a glimpse of every three days. This face is one where she completely transforms into a different person. So different that you'd wonder if she has a twin sister who is the opposite of her. But no, it was the same person.

This face was a party goer. This one was the childish, immature and irresponsible part of the mystery that was Clarice Luxembourg.

Every three days the neighbours bore witness to Clarice's transformation into what would look like a bad attempt at copying the party attire of a high school teenager.

When her door creaked open at seven after every three days, Clarice would step out into a skimpy, skin and most of her cleavage revealing dresses. She always had high heels strapped to her feet which made her look tall and intimidating. She would have heavy makeup caked on her face and a little too much perfume on her.

She looked ready to party and get it on with someone.

Although the women residing in the building would always call nasty things behind her back with some dirty mouthed ones going as far as calling her a slut and making their men agree with them, it didn't affect Clarice. Clarice knew that most of the men in her building secretly found her hot and sexy, even if they were married and had kids.

There was a different style to Clarice on those days when she was ready to party. She would walk while swaying her hips from one side to the other and pulling her buttocks out a little bit. Her dress would always hug her tightly that showed every curve and shape of her body and would have a plunging neckline. Sometimes her dresses would even be backless. How could any man not be attracted to that?

But what she really does after she leaves in that skimpy dress is what no one knows. All they know is that around eleven or twelve she would return with a different man every three days. It made people feel that she was intentionally stressing on the fact that this was the man she would lay with tonight. She would kiss him fervently as they make their way up to her room, grab him inappropriately and let him roam his hands under her dress. And then she would shut the door quickly and what would follow could easily be guessed by anyone.

But the type of men she brought home were not someone you'd want to be around. Those types of men looked to be potential rapists and by the way they would touch Clarice, the people in her apartment building knew that they were right. But why would Clarice bring someone like that to her home? Either she was out of her mind or drunk out of her senses. A few times, some concerned men tried to stop those men but Clarice would politely say that she was the one who invited him and that she was sober and could handle herself. And then they couldn't do anything about it.

But then the next day she'd be back to being the quiet Clarice everyone knew at the workplace. This routine of hers was observed by the nosy neighbours from the time she came to live there.

She didn't talk to anyone in the building and lived alone. No family had ever visited her so they automatically assumed she was an orphan. It had been almost six months that she had been living there.

Six months that they had been observing her peculiar routine.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I hope you liked this first chapter.

This story is not going to be more than four chapters, though it might include some bonus chapters.

So don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow!