Contest #41

Alrighty, everybody.

I'm absolutely certain everybody is looking forward to the results. I know I am, but this is the biggest contest that I've had since I've been here, and this will absolutely take a while to judge.

I have some comments, however:

Shoutout to all the participants in the Contest #40 – you've done amazingly with your prompts. So far, together, we've created a really special little story here, and I encourage everybody to check out the entire story.

I've also noted that the community interaction has sky-rocketed. Two names I've predominantly seen a lot on the entries were Writicious  and   . Additionally, all entrants were highly supportive of the contest, and I believe everybody had a lot of fun.

It fills me with pride to see the Weekly contests come to this.

As a caveat to this, it's been a lot of work for me, and I have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm not complaining, but it does affect my ability to interact with the contests.

That means that this week won't be as highly interactive or grand as last week. I'm thinking every second week we can super epic?

This is unrelated: Look at the picture of my cat Joan Jett, in her usual sleeping spot. She seems so demure.

This Week's Contest:

The prompt is 'Out of His/Her/Their Element'

So, imagine a world filled with different kinds of magic. A Fire mage is injected into a community of Water Mages, or;

A shapeshifter is stuck in a world of Psychics, or;

Whatever you like.

The character is at a disadvantage, wherever they are, but oyu can decide what the plot is.

A cop doing an investigation? A traveller trying to see the world? A student studying the mystifying ways of other magic users? Whatever you please.

Judgement criteria are the usual:

 - World-building.

 - Interesting Characters and Plots.

 - Creative language and ease of reading.

Final note:

It's not as glamorous as what we know we can do, but it's still something where we can go to the absolute extreme and have fun. Next week we'll do something crazy again.

Due date is on Sunday the 7th of April.

VERY IMPORTANT: HOW TO ENTER A VALID ENTRY

In order to ensure that your submission for this week's chapter of Weekly Wattpad Contests is valid, please follow the steps below:

(1) Write your entry and make sure that it meet the guidelines or requirements for the contest.

(2) Publish it in a book under your Wattpad account. It can be a book dedicated to your entries, a chapter in one of your existing books or just a book with that single entry.

(3) Add "This is my entry for Weekly Wattpad Contest #41" before you write your entry. Make sure Contests is tagged and the contest #number is correct. Note that this does not have to be the title of your published chapter or work, simply just a text input before the introduction of your contest entry as an additional safety measure.

(4) Comment in the comment section of this chapter and state where your entry was published in your profile and the title of it book it is in.

(5) Share the love by voting, commenting and encouraging friends and fellow competitors!

What does the winner get?

Apart from the fact that as a writer you can brag about winning a freaking Weekly Wattpad Contest, the winner will also get a follow from as well as a shoutout in the next chapter, in addition to that, a detailed review as to why your entry was successful will also be published and if you have any works of your own, that will also be read and commented on.