02. DICK BITER

02.

"I've got to go on a few errands today," Summer says to Charlie as he hands her a cup of tea the next morning.

They were acting completely normal, all their arguments forgotten after last night. He didn't even ask about the party because he knew she wouldn't cheat but he liked the idea of her falling to her knees for forgiveness. And now her knees and legs were aching as she took her punishment for going to a party behind his back.

"It's a Sunday morning, what possibly could you be doing? Going to church?" Charlie scoffed, but she had ignored his spiteful undertones. She had developed rose coloured glasses with everything Charlie did because she loved him.

"I have to do some food shopping," she says. "And I've got some last minute Christmas cards to drop off for my family."

"Christmas isn't for another bloody two weeks," Charlie groans. "Can't your stupid festivities wait until tomorrow?"

She knew that he wanted her to stay so that he could be pleased by her all day, or make her clean his apartment and cook her food. He wanted her to do everything on her days off because he was the man. 

"Baby, you know I've got yoga and meditation tomorrow," she shakes her head. "And I've got to call Grayson today because I've not spoke to him all week."

"You and that fucking Grayson," Charlie snarled. "Are you fucking him behind my back? Cheating on me?"

Here we go, she thought with defeat. It felt like they were arguing everyday now.

She frowns. "Why would I cheat on you? You're amazing, babe. Besides, Grayson is strictly just a friend."

She places a reassuring hand on Charlie's shoulder, smiling lightly at him. He just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, do what you want," he said. "But you better text me where you are, and what you're doing. At least every fifteen minutes."

"I know babe, I will," she smiles naively before kissing his cheek and saying goodbye.

With Christmas around the corner, Summer had to make sure she got all of her friends presents. She hadn't had the time beforehand but she recently broke up from university for her midterm, so she picked up more shifts at work to help get more money for some gifts.

"Grayson, Sophie, George, Charlie," she mumbles to herself, listing all of the people that she needed to get something for as she walked down the apartment block hallway. "Mum, dad, the dog. . ."

She trails off as she hears footsteps approaching up the stairs and she silenced herself, not wanting to look insane for talking to herself. The last thing she needed was people talking and telling Charlie that his girlfriend is a nut job—that would be another perfect reason for him to start an argument.

She looks forward as the person she had heard walking comes into the hallway and looks up to see if they noticed her talking, but she takes one look at the curly haired boy from the party the night before, and her gaze quickly diverts.

He was a flirt, and she was only down the hall from her boyfriend. If she was seen entertaining a conversation with him. . . She didn't even want to think what would happen.

Brad rolled his eyes at his phone before putting it in his pocket, looking up at the figure in front of him before realising who it was, and he holds back a grin.

"You my new stalker, Peaches?" He teased her, and her cheeks go red. They did every time he spoke, the way his voice did something to her body that she was unsure of.