35. CIDER

35.

"I don't get why you're taking so long to get ready," Brad chuckles as he sits on the edge of Summer's bed.

"I'm not," Summer says defensively as she lets a loose curl fall from her curlers. "I'm just doing my hair and then we can go."

"You've been doing your hair for ages," Brad whines. "Can you hurry up? We leave soon?"

"If you come and curl the back of my hair, then I'll finish quicker," she says as a joke but he gets up and takes the curlers anyway. After watching her for twenty minutes curl her hair, and with the help of Summer's instructions, he does her hair carefully and perfectly so that it rests comfortably around her head.

"Can we go now?" He asks with a smile, grabbing his phone to order an Uber since he was going to the party with the intention of drinking.

"Yeah. I'll get my shoes on and we can go."

When the Uber arrives, Brad gets in the front while Summer gets in the back. They fasten their seat belt and they set off.

"Going out partying?" The driver asks, looking up through the rearview mirror to look at Summer. She was wearing a dress that broadcasted her legs perfectly and clung to her curves to showcase them to everyone.

Brad didn't mind her looking so hot because he was certain she wouldn't try it with anyone else since they were exclusive to each other, though that wasn't exactly spoken about.

"Yeah," she replies nervously, glancing out the window. His look was far from friendly and Brad noticed, though he just sat there with his fists balled and jaw clenched.

"Well, you look very nice, Miss," the driver replies and Brad rolls his eyes.

"How long until we get there?" Brad asks with an edge to his tone, causing the driver to focus more on the driving rather than Summer's bust.

"Not long. Five minutes."

Eventually, they arrive at the party and Summer notices it's a bit more crowded than usual, so she instinctively holds on tighter to Brad's hand, causing him to give her a quick squeeze before going inside.

Grayson was with Tristan in the kitchen, both holding a red solo cup with their preferred alcoholic beverage. It turns out they got along very well, which was great news for Summer and Bradley.

"Finally!" Tristan cheers. "Thought you guys were too busy doing other things and wouldn't show up."

"Ha, ha, very funny," Summer says dryly as Brad offers her a drink that he'd made for her. "What's in it?"

"Only a cider."

"I don't drink, Brad," she shakes her head and he sighs, downing her drink as well as his since he didn't want anything to go to waste.

The only time she had drunk was during her minor break with Brad and it was definitely the worst decision of her life and she'd never drink that much ever again. For now, she was back to her old, alcohol-free self which was best for everyone.

"I'm gonna go outside. I'll be back in five," Brad says as he gets himself another drink. Summer was about to go out with him but he had already turned his back and was halfway across the room.

"Just stay here," Grayson suggests, knowing she was going to follow. "We'll get you a drink, yeah?"

"Yeah, just some water," she nods and Tristan gets to the tap with a clean solo cup, filling it up and handing it to her.

Meanwhile, Brad's outside with Connor who he didn't know was going to the party, Connor holding a blunt but Brad a cigarette.

"Didn't think you got high anymore?" Connor asks Brad, glancing to the side. Connor was absolutely baked, having been at the party since it started.