Chapter 4 Quiz Results

AN: Kay, so I guess this chapter is a bit more of a filler...But that's okay. Next week's chapter shall be better!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Lab Rats.

The bell finally rang, signaling the end of math class. I jumped out of my seat, and ran to put my quiz in the basket.

I was one step away from freedom, when I heard, "Avalon, please meet me at my desk."

Oh no.

"Umm, you asked to see me, Mr. Brian."

"Why yes I did, Avalon. Thank you for clarifying that," he said sarcastically as he folded his hands on his desk.

"Look, Mr. Brian, I am so, so sorry about talking earlier. It's just, I'm new, and I don't know my way around, and I don't know anybody he-" he put his hand up to stop my babbling.

"It's not about the display you put on for us today. It's about your grades."

Ugh, this again.

"I will be assigning you a tutor for the rest of the year or until your grades are brought up to a C+ minimum."

I don't need another tutor! Well, I need the help, but I don't need two students discovering my dyslexia, blabbing about it to the whole school and then giving up on me.

"Umm, Mr. Brian, I don't think that's necessary. I've been improving at my math skills, and I already have a tutor for my english class. I don't think I have the time for a second tutor," I reasoned with him. He sighed and started to flip through the freshly completed quizzes.

I hadn't really started improving at math, but I didn't want another tutor. For one thing, I barely have the patience for one. Tutors just seem to be pushy and sympathetic. They feel bad because of my stupid dyslexia. I don't need to be labeled as 'Avalon-the-charity-case' again. Also, the more tutors I have, the more vulnerable my secret would be. I don't need to be bullied again for something I had no control over. They should blame my dad, not me! Dyslexia runs in my family.

"I'll tell you what. If you get at least a B- on this quiz, I will reconsider assigning you a tutor. Deal?"

"Deal."

I watched as he took a red pen out from his desk drawer and started to evaluate my quiz.

By the time he got to the eighth problem, he had already crossed out five of my answers.

Great. There is no way I'll have a B- when he finishes.

He sighed and handed me my graded quiz. Red slashes coated the front and back, popping out at me like dirt on a white carpet.

Okay, that was a terrible analogy...Just another thing to add to the list of things to improve on.

"I'm sorry Miss Blake, but you failed this quiz. I will ask one of my honors students to tutor you after school every night."

"Mr. Brian, I understand you feel I need a tutor, but I-"

"If you're concerned about not having time for another tutor, I can make it so your english tutor is also your math tutor. Now what is his name?"

He peered over at me, giving me the smug 'over the glasses' glare that every teacher seems to have mastered. He had a black pen poised over a yellow sticky note, awaiting the name of my dreaded tutor.

"Chase Davenport," I mumbled.

"Ahh, Mr. Davenport. I've heard lots of good things about him from the other teachers here. He's a very bright young man."

"So I've heard," I quipped sarcastically. Mr. Brian sent me a glare, and I sighed.

"Okay, you can ask him to tutor me for math too, but let me tell him I have dyslexia. It's kind of a personal matter."

He set the pen down and folded his hands, resting his elbows on the desk and his chin on his knuckles. I watched in pure boredom as he took a sharp breath in though his nose and glanced at the bell on the far wall. I could tell he was pondering his answer very carefully. Too carefully.

It's not that complicated! Yes or no!

"Alright. Now you best be on your way. Third period starts in two minutes."

"Yes sir," I replied bitterly and stormed out of the room. He just had to use up my seven minute locker break!

Worst first day ever. And it's only part over.

AN: Okay, so yes, it's just a short little filler, but now you know Chase will end up tutoring Avalon for math AND english. We shall see how Chase takes the news soon...anyone wondering where he is? It's the fourth chapter, and he hasn't yet made an appearance! Oh well, he will make his extravagant, astonishing, Davenport-style entrance soon, my dear little readers!

Any other questions? No? Well, I have a few for you...

When will Trent talk to Avalon and what will he say?

What will happen during lunch with Bree and Adam?

How long can Avalon hide her dyslexia before she cracks?

Will Leo flirt? And fail in the process?

What trouble will Avalon's dyslexia cause for her in the future?

One last question...well, Question of the Day to be exact...

QOTD: Who do you ship within the show? (OC's do NOT count!) I ship Brase! (Aside from this...)

Until next time...

PEACE OUT PICKLES!!!