Chapter 15 Tracy, Tutor and Trent

AN: UGH!!!! I am getting so bad at updating on time!!! GRRRR!

I really am sorry, guys. Life's been getting harder and harder. I just had a HUGE science project dumped on me, and I haven't had much time to write. And with that little time I do have, I've been mostly working on a Halloween One-Shot I plan on releasing soon. Yes, I know Halloween was over a month ago, but the One-Shot is based off my Halloween night with my friends, and under the circumstances of that night, it was hard to write during the events. If you want more details, there's a little section of my profile about it. There isn't much about it now, but it tells you the basics... ish.

Well, I won't keep you any longer. On with the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own Lab Rats or the excerpts from 'A Tell-Tale Heart'."

Avalon's P.O.V.

"Tracy, leave me alone! I need to get ready!"

"For what? You never do anything!"

This was typically how our sibling arguments played out. It starts with Tracy either clinging to me (like today) or insulting me (also like today) and usually ends when my dad has had enough and separates us. Yeah, it may seem childish to get in petty fights with a sixth grader, but Tracy is... difficult. If she treats the people at her school the same way she treats me, then she's in for one rude wake-up call one day when her peers have had enough.

I am the older sibling, so it's my job to look out for her, even if she thinks she's better off without me. I need to be able to teach her how to be civil now so she isn't ridiculed later. And the only way to teach her it seems, is through verbal battles.

"Actually, I have to go to Chase's house and then I have a date. How's that for doing something?"

She thought about this for a minute before replying. "But why are you going over to Chase's house. Isn't he your tutor?"

"Yes," I mumbled, mad that she was smart enough to catch that.

"So, you are doing so bad in school that you need to learn on weekends? Wow."

"You know what, Tracy? Why don't you be nice for a change and be the slightest bit happy for me. I have my first date after Chase's and my study session, so put a sock in it," I bit back, hoping to sound as confident and tough as she always did. However, I had never been the greatest at comebacks, so my river of luck has pretty much run dry here.

"Your first date? Again, I say, wow. Who's it with? The nerd who's stuck tutoring you?"

I glared at her, hating how she always assumed things. One: Chase was not my date. He's just my tutor. He probably will always be just my tutor. Maybe, if things keep going how they are now, we could be friends someday. Two: Chase doesn't necessarily look like a nerd. Probably the geekiest thing about his appearance is his plaid shirts, but I happen to like plaid. I own about three or four purple and blue plaid shirts myself. One of which just happened to be my choice of attire for that day.

"Chase is not my date. And you've never even met him, so you can't classify him as anything. He may be smart, but he's not entirely nerdy looking."

"I know he's smart enough to tutor you, and that's enough to crown him king of the geeks." She paused for a moment before saying, " So if Chase isn't your date, then who is?"

"Well, I think you'd be surprised to know that his name is Trent. He is on the football team. Quarterback, actually."

Tracy let out a little bark of laughter before muttering, "Yeah, right," to herself.

I glared at her again and packed my literature book into my backpack. Tracy left the hallway just as my phone started jumping on my desk.

"Hey Chase, what's up?" I asked, answering my phone.