Chapter 8 Physieal anb Ghewieal Probcrtics

AN: ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! Although this is a chapter update, it is not an EARLY update. I have permanantly moved this story to a Monday update schedule.

The reason being my mother signed me up for the wrong day at gymnastics. Tuesdays would be too crowded with gymnastics, Wattpad and homework. I would do Wednesdays, but I have sign class on those days. My life be crazy. For those of you who don't know what sign class is, it is a class where an instructor teaches a group sign language, which I think is pretty cool. Don't you dare judge me! It's a great way to talk to other kids in class without your teacher catching you! ;)

Also, the chapter name is not a giant typo. You'll see why later on in the chapter.

One last thing...read the author's note at the end. Especially if you are a Bionic Stolen reader. There is a very important announcement about that story!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Lab Rats.

Avalon's P.O.V.

"So, honey, how was school?"

Ah, yes, the typical dinner small talk. Every night. It doesn't get boring at all.

I love sarcasm.

"Okay, I guess," I replied to my mother as I stabbed a piece of chicken with my fork.

"Get lost on the way home again?" Tracy snipped from across the table. I glared at her, but she wasn't even looking at me. She was just picking through the pile of corn that sat on her plate.

"Why do you care?" I snapped. Like I expected, she gave me a 'seriously, that's your comeback' look from behind her hot pink glasses.

"Girls," my dad warned. I got the hint and stuffed another piece of chicken in my mouth.

"So, Avalon, I got a call from your new school today,"

Oh, crap.

"And it appears to me that you were assigned a tutor," my mother finished.

"Yeah, so?" I mumbled, not really caring what her thoughts on the subject were.

"Well, honey, I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it. I know how you disliked the other tutors, and I don't want you to feel upset about it."

"Mom, I don't really have a choice in the matter. The teachers chose to give me the tutor. I didn't. I even told them it wasn't necessary. They assigned me one anyway."

"Well, do you at least know your tutor?" Dad questioned with a fork full of chicken poised at his mouth.

"Yeah. His name is Chase."

"Is he qualified?" dad interrogated. It's just like him to be protective. We've always shared a special bond, both of us having dyslexia and all. He's the only one who seems to understand my struggles. But just because he knows how hard it is for me, it doesn't mean he knows how to make it better. When he was a teenager, there was no one to guide him through school. So logically, he doesn't know how to guide me.

"Well, I've been told he's the smartest kid in the school. The teachers seem very confident in his tutoring ability."

I heard Tracy scoff under her breath. "Nerd," she muttered just quiet enough for my parents to not hear. I glared at her for the hundredth time that night and stood up to place my plate in the sink.

"So, when will we meet this 'Chase'?" mom called over her shoulder.

"Uh, he's coming over tonight, actually. In a few minutes. I already gave him our address during school."