23- Her story

I'm just going to stop putting pictures now

Recap

"How do I know that you're telling the truth?"

She rolled up her sleeve and shows her skin with a tattoo on it. It's the main logo of FBI.

I make eye contact and say, "So why are you doing this?"

She sighs and kneels in front of me, "I guess I have to tell you everything."

—————

Victoria's POV

"It all started with my father, Frank Johnson. He was original main man who ran the FBI agency. He was the starter of it. He wanted a group of strong, independent people to protect the world the best they can in secret. He started recruiting many people, and this team was going great. But one person wanted more. This one person wanted to rule the world. This person wanted everything under his control. And to get there, he wanted the side-kick position"

I ask, "Whose was the side-kick?"

She answers, "Riley's father. He was like an uncle to me. He was a good man. And this one guy wanted his position."

Mrs. Johnson continues, "Anyways, this one person decided to ruin a mission that they were working on, which revealed us to the world. That's wasn't supposed to happen, we work in secret. My father was very angry and wanted to know whose fault it was. Since this person wanted the side-kick, they snitched Riley's father. The sad thing part is that my father believed him, sending Riley's father to prison for going against orders. He made the guy who snitched his side-kick and everything went back to normal."

She sighs, "Or so we thought. Little did we know, this guys was planning something. One night, my father was doing late night paper work with me in the room and the guy walked in. He told me go get out of the room and go home. So I went outside but put my ear to the door. They talked for a little bit and bang! The shot has fired. I walked into the room and he killed my father. Right in front of me. I was just a teenager."

She sniffles. I don't know what to say. We stay in silence for a little while.

She regains her voice and says, "After the team noticed my dad absence, everyone of majority vote chose that the job should go to his rightful heir, me. So I took the job and tried to look for the guy but he was gone, nowhere to be found. That's where you guys come in. I wanted a kid agency that can do things that we adult can't do. I gave you mission after mission, hoping to find at least where he may be."

She carried on saying, "I looked for this guy up until today and I can't find him anywhere. I now realized that I need more than just me. I need someone who knew my father as well as I did. So, I went to visit Riley's father. I tried to convince him to help me find the guy who had snitched on him, but he denied. He said that he has his own company to run. He told me that the company is based on all the people who were turned in by the FBI. The rebels, they call themselves. He asked if he could still have his job back, but I said it was against the law to have a criminal as part of the agency. He ignored me for long period of time."

She continues, "The thing about this conversation is that some people on the team saw me talking to Riley's father. They thought I was telling him our plans. On majority vote, they fired me. I didn't know they could do that but they can, it's part of the new law now."