Chapter 7

Sebastian's POV

"I suppose you sent for me to inform me of my summary dismissal?" I spoke reasonably calmly, although my insides were trembling with emotional chaos.

Chris, or as he is still called at work, Mr. Evans rose from his chair and looked at me seriously, but strangely enough, I could perceive something gentle and contrite in his eyes.

"No."

No?

"I would like to sincerely apologize for my behavior yesterday. It was very wrong of me to make such unfair claims."

Well, this came as a surprise now...

"I want to make up for my mistake and would like to invite you to dinner at my house on Saturday night."

Irritated, I eyed him, wondering if it could be a joke, but he remained completely serious.

"Um yeah um okay. However, I have no time on Saturday." I stuttered something but tried to keep my composure.

"Sunday?"

I nodded and Chris smiled in relief. He handed me a card with his address and phone number. Taking the card, I quickly said goodbye and left the office.

"Please please tell me he didn't fire you." Scarlett whimpered as I walked back into the office.

"Don't worry, it's all good. He apologized for his behavior and invited me to his house for dinner to make up for it."

Scarlett looked at me perplexed. "Strange guy."

I shrugged my shoulders but decided to focus on other things for now.

• • •

As I entered the apartment, a naked woman suddenly came out of the bathroom.

"Anthony!!!" I shouted angrily.

The woman walked up to me, reached out her hand, and began to stroke my jaw. I pushed her away and quickly made my way to my room when I heard her shout.

"Come on hot guy, have some fun with us!" The naked girl called after me.

In response, I slammed the door shut with a loud bang and locked it.
I flopped down on the bed and felt my stomach growl, but I didn't want to go to the kitchen now. Not while Anthony's fucking bitch was here.

Maybe I should talk to Anthony tomorrow about the invitation, of course after I told him that his flirtations were already quite annoying and we need a solution for that if he wanted to continue living with me in the same apartment.

Man, this whole thing really messed me up. On the one hand, I found Mr. Evans obnoxious, on the other hand incredibly attractive.

Damn what's wrong with me?

• • •

~ Helix  ❤