Chapter 1: The Lemon Tree

(Song: Love Me Again – John Newman)

This story is Dedicated to Gay_Love_ for all the amazing comments that made me laugh ♡

Chapter 1: The Lemon Tree

Fords POV ~

The lemon tree I planted all those years ago was huge, 30 years had made it run wild and grow tall, so much had changed since I last saw it as a little sapling at the back of the house.

The roots were twisted and bent and the trunk of the tree was gnarled and old and mossy, it's leaves green and the sour fruit plentiful, while the grass beneath it was littered with rotting lemons.

One year after Weirdmegeddon I found him there, sitting underneath, asleep.

He looked about 25, young, clothes obviously stolen.

But it was him, he had taken this form in my Mindscape, back when we were friends, when I had been a fool.

At once I pulled out my gun, it whirred to life, waking him up from his nap.

He grinned that seductive grin I now hated with all my nerves,

"Hey Sixer, long time no see, miss me? Admit it! You missed me!"

"No, I did not, how are you alive?" I asked him, my face set in a frown, the worry and stress already lining my face once again.

"You can't destroy me, I am, well I was, a being of pure energy, you can't get rid of energy" Bill said, getting up with a groan. His body was tanned and his hair golden as it shone in the sun, he winked at me as he noticed my staring,

"Like what you see~?"

I blushed "No....lets make a deal, Cipher"

"Ooo I love deals! Sure what do you want?"

"What do you want?"

Bill looked startled for a second but composed himself "You teach me human-y things, and in return you have me as your prisoner, I get to stay with you and learn human stuff and you get to do whatever you want with me! How does that sound?"

"What?" I was confused, this was an unusual deal, what was he playing at?

"So is it a deal?" Bill asked me, his hand outstretched and covered in blue flames. They flickered in the morning air, looking weaker than it they used to, must be because he was human now.

I pondered his deal "No tricks! You don't hurt my family and there will be rules and you will follow them!"

"Sure, why not?" Bill said, thrusting his hand out again,

I walked over, looked him in the eyes "Deal"

The blue flames tingled slightly.

Bill grinned "Great what's first?" he asked, rubbing his hands together like a stingy fly.

"You're coming with me" I said, grabbing Bill's arm.

"You're the boss Sixer!" he said with that smile, letting me pull him along.

I use to love that smile, it made me warm inside, happy, the smile could light up my world, now it just glared at me, reminding me I fell in love with the enemy,

"Aw thanks Sixer, I have a pretty great smile, don't I?"

I coughed awkwardly "Stop that! No reading my mind!"

"Like I said, you're the boss, Sixer" he whispered in my ear, it made me shiver.

~

I pulled Bill inside the Shack, and took him downstairs ignoring Stan's questions as to why I was dragging a young man down to my Lab and if I had gone bat shit crazy.

I threw him into a cell of my own design and pressed a button, the unicorn barrier activated, "Stay here" I said.

"Ooo whats this? You built this just for me? You shouldn't have! I feel honored!"

I ignored him and went back upstairs to explain.

~

"So hes Bill?"

"Yes"

"And hes human?"

"Yes"

"And hes locked up down there?"

"Yes"

"Good, don't let him out" Stan said

"Wasn't planing on it Lee"