Chapter 10

A ray of light bursts through a crooked blind to attack you straight in the face, disrupting your sleep. Slowly, you sit up in the bed. Wait, did you sleep here last night and live to see the next day?

You look to your left, but John isn't there. Guess you better leave before he comes back?

You get out of bed and onto your wobbly knees, scanning the floor for the jeans that you were wearing. You slip them on then rummage through the dresser for a smaller looking hoodie that you could pass off as normal attire. After, you quietly make your way down the stairs. You grasp the knob on the front door and slowly twist it. "Well goodbye, Deputy."

The chilling voice stopped you in your tracks. You turn to see John in jeans with a belt and no top; he's relaxing on the sofa beside the fireplace. For a moment, you scan his body and the warm light from the fire catches your interest as it reveals the tattoos on his chest. "Why didn't you kill me? I could easily shoot you where you're sitting." You hiss, partly curious of the answer.

John returns a cynical fit of laugher, "Not now, you won't." You furrow your brows at him and grab your gun, pointing it straight at him. Giving you a smirk, he gets up from his sofa and walks closer to you, knowing how it affects your body when he gets close. He stops when the gun is pressed against his Sloth carving on his chest.

Your eyes wander down to the tip of your gun; you could end it all right now. You could shoot the Seed brother and rip his bunker key off of him and go save Hudson. His words tell you everything you already know, "You won't after what we did."

You say nothing and keep your gun on him, which makes him impatient. "Do it!" He yells in a sudden burst of anger. It makes you flinch and back away slightly. "Show me that wraith you show my people!"

Seeing that you have no intentions on pulling the trigger, John grabs your gun that is in your hand and places it back in your holster where you found it.

"You could stay here." He quietly suggests. You lift an eyebrow, searching his face for authenticity. "Stay..? Now, why would I do that?" You scoff.

"We may as well add Greed to the list of sins you've committed." He responds plainly.

And there it is, there's that sick bastard who only wanted to dig into your flesh and cut it off. "I don't know, John. You seem to have quite a bit of unforgiven sins that I don't see on your body- those seem to all be healed." The anger from your words were displayed on his face, as well as his fist against the wall, "Don't you worry about, Deputy." He hisses, being sure to growl the word 'Deputy' at you to remind you who you're dealing with. It worked, too. You fell silent and let your eyes run from his arm to his body. "Stop." He commands, walking back to where he was sitting. "But... What are they for?" You curiously ask, following him to the sofa like a lost puppy. You take a seat on the same sofa, but on the opposite arm. "Confessions are meant to be private." He states.

You lift your hoodie slightly to reveal the word 'Lust' on your hip. "And this?" You snarl, "Why the he'll don't you have this one, too?" His icy glare is not even the least bit phased when he examines the developing scar. "You let it control you. You allow that sin to get in the way of what you came here to do." He pauses, looking to your eyes now. "It stopped you from putting that bullet in my chest."

Your heart sinks to your chest after you realize he's right. You cover it back up with the hoodie. "So... if confessions are private, you aren't going to tell anyone what it's for?"

John chuckles and plays with a pocket knife he retrieved from his jeans, focusing his attention on how it reflects the fire. "Not until you confess and I can cut it off of you." He sounds pretty excited to think of the day you'll supposedly confess in front of everyone that you had sex with Satan's little brother. He notices the disgust on your face and smiles slightly in return "You will confess, Y/N.."