Chapter 12

You wake up in a new room, but definitely one that belongs to John Seed's ranch. "I really need to stop passing out and waking up in strange places..." you mutter to yourself.

The setup is creepily identical to the one Nick and the Pastor had set up when you last passed out- water on the nightstand, an outfit folded neatly at the tail of the bed. Only this time, the breakfast food was on a plate beside the glass of water rather than sitting on the stove.

It's probably poison, but I think I'll eat it anyway. You think to yourself sarcastically. In reality, you know he won't poison you at least until you supposedly 'confess.' You scoff at the thought of willingly atoning for some made up belief of the Seed family.

You lift the heat preserver and proceed to take the plate into your lap. It will be nice to finally enjoy a well deserved and fulfilling meal for a change, even though the new wound on your side won't let you forget it is there.

John, or assuming John, must have wrapped it up to keep you from dying. That was... sweet of him?

Is it sweet to take a wolf to the emergency vet if you're the one who shot it?

After your meal, you relax for a while under the silky sheets. You have nowhere to be, and you don't particularly want to see John's face right now... Especially if he's in a fucking human chef mood.

You wait for John to eventually come check on you, but he never does.

Curiosity strikes, forcing you to slide on the outfi- why does John have your dirty and battered Deputy outfit? The one you left at the railway after trading with the dead Peggie...

Right now, you don't have time to even worry about something like that. He probably doesn't want to dirty up anything fancy while he tortures you.

You slowly pace your way down the stairs outside of the bedroom, but the place is dark and seems to be deserted... is anyone home?

You notice the fire place burning through the darkness of the room, shining it's warm glow onto the sofa, which is where you decide to rest your body and your eyes. After all, the loss of blood has weakened you for now.

- - -

"This one?"

"I'm not sure... How did he know she wouldn't wake before?"

"Are you questioning the Father's plan?"

"No I... uh, let's just do what we came to do, He obviously knew something we don't."

The feint voices didn't bother you while you were on the edge of sleep and reality. For all you know, you're dreaming and four hands didn't just grab you.

Or not.

Your eyes shoot open at the touch to reveal three Peggies standing above you. You whip up and elbow one straight in the face, grabbing his gun and forcing the trigger towards one of his accompanying ass-holes. The third one runs towards the door, shouting loudly for backup. You grab a knife from one of the bodies before chucking it towards the remaining peggie.

Peggies always did make the easiest targets.

You hear peggies rustling outside in panic, meaning they probably didn't all have weapons. You decide it was time to destroy each and every one of them. You grab a gun from one of the bodies and bust out the door shooting off rounds towards the scurrying Peggies.

One rushes you with a shovel, forcing you to use your at-hand combat skills once more. You grab the shovel handle with both hands and twist it harshly, making the peggie fall to the floor. To finish him off, you ram the edge of the shovel between his ribcage. Just before you look up, you get knocked in the back of your head from a large gun handle. Defeated on the floor with blurry vision, you look up to see a roughed up military man known no other than Jacob Seed. He grasps his rifle with a smirk and jabs you one more time to make sure you stay down.

*I'm so sorry you keep knocking out xD it seems to happen in the game quite a bit, in my defense!