Chapter 3

I looked towards the door.

It was Matt.

I hesitantly turned backwards and started walking the other way when I heard two more doorbells. I turned back around and Matt was rocking from his heel to toe waiting.

Frustrated, I walked towards the door and opened it.

"What do you want Matthew" I asked.

"Can we talk, please" He replied.

"Sorry, I'm not supposed to talk to jerks".. I snapped.

"I need to explain myself, please give me 10 minutes, just 10, then you decide" he calmly said.

"9 minutes 59, 58, 57, I started counting as I walked back to my loving room gesturing for him to follow. He did.

I sat down on carpet laying against the couch and he sat in like 3 feet front of me.

"Okay here it goes, basically when you moved here, I didn't really see you. I mean I kind of saw you from far away and I thought you'd be a fun person to be friends with, and so I smiled at you that one day. I have been in a real pissy mood lately because of this whole magcon ending going on right now and I don't know why but I took my anger out on you. It was stupid and I don't even why I would do that but I'm so stressed, and-- he started to let a tear out, I don't know. I'm so sorry. I probably hurt you and I didn't mean to. But I really would love to be friends.

"Oh, Matt, I don't even know what to say but that I'm so sorry this is happening and its okay you are totally forgiven!" I smiled.

"Thanks Rach--el" he laughed a nervous chuckle.

"I go by Rach" I laughed.

"So, do you need someone to talk to... or...." I began..

"Nah, there's a party tonight at my friend Chris's house, and I'm going to go there and get my mind of things, you can come with.. if you like".. he said.

"Yeah sounds fun! Formal, Casual?" I asked.

"Well girls usually wear dresses but not too fancy, so anything you want though" he smiled.

"Cool but I don't know where his house is... " I laughed

"Its all good, pick you up at 8-ish?" he replied.

"Yeah thanks" I smiled.

Matthew left after talking about what was going to be at the party. He said alcohol games like spin the bottle and stuff and a lot of drunk guys so he told me to watch out.

Later that Night

I was getting ready, it was 7:03 and I still had picked out nothing to wear. I went through my closet and found a black skin tight dress with thick straps, it went several inches above my knees, it was short but not slut short. I put on a long gold necklace with a triangle on it, I wore black wedges. I wand curled my brown hair. Put on some mascara, very little eye liner I don't too much. And some blush. I did a pretty good job I thought as I looked in the mirror. This dress though makes my boobs and butt look big tbh. I am thin though. I have a flat stomach and a thigh gap. small but its there.  

DING DONG

Matthew was here.

I walked to the door and slowly opened and smiled at Matt "hey".

Before he said anything, he eyed up and down my whole body and his eyes got a little wide and jaw dropped a little.

"Should we go"  I asked

He shaked his head out of his thoughts and said "Yeah leggo"

He was wearing a white button down shirt with khakis and maroon vans. He looked good.

He led me to his car, and opened the door for me, what a gentlemen. He ran to his side and came in.

"Want some music" he said while driving.

"Yasss" I said. and he smiled.

He turned on the radio and Bang Bang was on so I started singing.

"See anybody good be good to you, you need. bad girl to blow your mind, your miiiinnnnddddd" I sang loudly

I could feel him staring at me the entire time, smiling.

"Eyes on the road hotshot" I said looking forward, still singing and dancing in my seat.

He laughed and turned to the road.

We finally arrived at Chris's house.

It was huge! Apparently Chris lived in Canada, but recently moved here.

We stopped the car and parked and got out. We walked to the door "stay by me", matt whispered. I smiled at him, then we walked in. The music was super loud, there were couples kissing everywhere, red solo cups EVERYWHERE and that was only the entrance of the house. A guy (I'm guessing Chris) walked up to us smiling.

"Aye Matt, hey uhhh Rachel right?" he smiled.

Yeah, I replied.

"Damn Matt didn't tell me you had a gorgeous date"

She's not my... He's not my...  we said at the same time then awkwardly looked at each other.

"well then we should be talking soon" Chris smiled and walked away.

Matthews jaw clenched.. weird? He looked at me and said, "let's go grab a drink".

I nodded.

We walked over to the kitchen and found a pile of red solo cups on the floor. "Yeah I'll have water" I said.

"Me too" he said.

We both were drinking our waters when a couple of girls came up to us ||| up to matt |||

"hey we are gonna start a truth or dare game, wanna play" they slurred, obviously drunk.

Matt nodded and looked at me I nodded to. We followed them upstairs to a room where they all were sitting in a circle. I recognised some people. Chelsea, Taylor, Chris, Cameron and Carter, I didn't know the others.

Once we sat down we started playing. Taylor started. He looked at me "Rach truth or dare"?

"Truth" I replied. they all looked at me like I was a wimp.

"Okay, umm are you a Virgin?

"Yep" I replied.

He smiled and said "good don't want to be 16 and pregnant."

I laughed.

My turn.

Chelsea, truth or dare. She chose dare and I dared her to kiss Taylor on the cheek and she did. Probs not that big of a deal.

Chelsea asked Chris and Chris said truth.

(I think she likes him).  "Okay who do you think the hottest girl in here is"?... 

"Rachel for sure. " he said confidently. I looked down blushing and I felt Chelsea glare at me. Matt's jaw clenched again.

Chris asked Matt and Matt said dare.

"I dare you to.... kiss a girl in this room"

Matt looked around the room and his eyes stop..

At me.