Chapter 20

A couple days later, it was early Friday afternoon and David, Monique and Steve sat in David's private jet heading over to Los Angeles.

As Steve spoke to her about the terms of the meeting across the seat from her, Michelle turned to glance around the jet for the millionth time till she stepped foot inside. It was probably the nicest thing she had ever been in. Seconds later, she narrowed her head to gape at David who sat near the back as he made an important phone call whilst jotting something down on a piece of paper. He instantly looked up to meet her gaze, and she quickly turned her attention back to Steve.

A while later, David hung up his phone before turning to look over at Monique as she did everything to avoid his obvious gaze. As you can guess, things was still very much awkward between them and they continued to avoid each other, but it was going to be fairly difficult pretending that nothing happened between them for the next couple days.

"Monique are you okay, you seem a little out of place since we got on the jet?" Steve questioned eagerly, putting down his document files to the side to check on her as David watched on.

"Yeah thanks for asking, but I get a little plane sick that's all. I'll be fine" she reassured, nodding her head at him, before turning to glance back at David, who slowly got up and made his way to sit in the booth beside them.

"Is this your first time going to Los Angeles?" Steve asked briefly.

Monique picked up the orange juice beside her to take a sip of it before shaking her head. "No, my dad took my sister and I there on vacation when we were kids" she answered, peering down the window as she started to feel dizzy by the second.

They sat in silence for a while watching some Television, till Monique felt a warm putrid feeling began to rapidly rise up in her throat. In a swift motion, she quickly covered her mouth and shot up to run over to the bathroom. David looked back at Steve before getting up to head over to the bathroom worriedly. As he pushed the door open to see Monique throwing up in the toilet from flight sickness, he took of his blazer and tossed it to the side and then rolled his sleeves up before bending down to attend to her.

"Its okay, let it out" he whispered holding her hair up so it wouldn't get that way, before grabbing a towel from the side to wipe her mouth with it once she was done throwing up. Monique glanced down inside the toilet before covering her face embarrassingly, and David quickly closed the seat and flushed it before helping her of the floor.

"I'm so embarrassed" she sighed under her breath as David lead her out the bathroom before sitting her down on the sofa near the back.

"Its nothing to be embarrassed about, everybody vomits once in a while" he uttered, grabbing a bottle of water from the table and handing it over to her. "Here drink this, lay down after to rest up and we'll land in a couple more hours" he stated reassuringly. He stared down at her for several seconds, before turning around to head back to Steve.

Monique watched as he sat back down before clutching onto the bottle of water he had given her as she tried to recollect what had just happened in her head. She looked back at him as he spoke to Steve about something, before looking away to slowly lay her head down on the sofa. Sometimes she forgot how kind of a person David was regardless of their situation right then. How was she going to get through these past couple days with her heart feeling like it was going to explode whenever she looked at him. 

A couple hours later, they had arrived at the hotel.

Monique turned her head to look around at the expensive looking hotel at downtown Los Angeles as David and Steve sorted out their rooms. Just earlier she was sat in an expensive private jet now she was stood in the most expensive and classiest hotel in Los Angeles. Moments later she turned her head back around to see David handing her her room key.