Ch. 3

Again.

" Hermione..."

She wasn't going to reply, not yet anyways. She made her way to the bed, not daring to look at him, and curled up as she closed her eyes, trying to ignore his presence and get some much-needed sleep.

She heard him sigh. "Talk to me... please." 

No response.

"For Salazar's sake, just talk to me already. I've had enough of this." 

 "Oh, so now you want to talk? Draco, if something is bothering you just tell me."

She was shocked at her own tone. It sounded so... cold, but she didn't care. He deserved it. 

She felt the weight on the bed shift as he slid into the covers. "About today.. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have snapped at you the way I did. It was stupid. I was just... I was just irritated by work. You know?"

His hand lay on her shoulder, shifting her body toward him. Hermione ever so quickly pushed his hand away. "Are you that mad? That you don't even want me to touch you? That you don't even want to look at me?" The pain was noticeable in his voice. 

Anger shot through her veins once again and sat up, only to glare at him. "Fine, Draco! Yes, I know. But what about me. What if I had a bad day too? Or in fact, a bad week. Not just you, Draco. I also work at St. Mungos, if for some reason that had slipped your mind. You think I don't get stressed out from running around trying to help every patient?" 

He tried to explain himself once again, but was cut off.

"I only wanted to talk today. To have a simple conversation with my husband, but obviously that seems out of question now. So tell me, what made you so worked up today. For you to be acting this way it had to be something much more than a busy day," Her tone was no longer harsh, more soft-spoken to let Draco know she was concerned for him. 

After a moment of silence, Hermione was just about ready to give up as she laid back into her pillow. 

"Hermione. look at me."

Frustrated as she was, her eyes began to sting. She never let this get to her, but tonight seemed to be an exception. 

"Can you please stop being so bloody stubborn and look at me. Please, Hermione, I'm begging you."

She sat up fast and glared at him, again. Their eyes met and his widen as he saw tears beginning to form in her eyes. 

"What! What do you want!?" She exclaimed angrily whilst trying to keep her voice down.

He stares at her, shocked. "You're crying, why?"

Her hands curl up into fists. " Thank you for stating the obvious. Now, I'm looking at you. Are you ready to tell me what the matter with you is?"

He reached for her hand, tracing over her wedding rings. He took a deep breath, reminding himself it was okay to open up, that he was the husband of the brightest witch of their age. 

When see she felt his warm hand rest on hers, and she looked away. 

"Bloody hell. I can't believe I married a bloody idiot." She said to herself.

A/N: Bare with me. Im gonna update tomorrow again. Hope yall like it