Chapitre 13

The whole room smelled like chlorine mixed with the heavy smoke of the cigarettes from the police officers that were smoking around. It was rather quiet even though there was music playing in the background. Two or three of the officers were chatting about a baseball game they watched last night. The atmosphere was quiet calm for the place unlike Mark's temper. He didn't feel like sitting so he was passing back and forward in the cell. The adrenaline running through his veins was making his blood boil. His lower lip was slit and his left cheek was swollen, his knuckles were not long ago bleeding before the nurse came to bandage him. Mark was arrested for getting into a fight. Or actually starting a fight. The other boy the fought with was dismissed soon after his parents came to take hi and since Mark's parents were all the way back in Canada he had to wait for hopefully his friends come and take him. Also his documents needed to be verified in the embassy to confirm his identify. In other circumstances, Mark probably would be getting anxious until now because his parents would sooner or later they'll get to know what happened. But he felt more anxious about having to tell Lucas about what happened. He could tell how disappointed the older would be and he felt guilty inside.

After what felt like hours, a small figure that Mark recognizes as Yuqi, followed by a taller boy that wasn't Lucas (Mark wasn't sure if he was disappointed or reassured by this fact). She went to talk with some of the officers, signed papers they handed her, gave them a wad of banknotes to "keep quiet" and in seconds Mark was free. The other boy, that the Canadian caught to be called Jaemin, was astonished by the events that occurred in front of him but didn't say a word.

Right before exiting the building, Yuqi pushes Mark to the wall pointing a gun to his head.

- I don't know what you fucked up this time but Xuxi doesn't want to see you. Get your shit together and don't get close to him unless he demanded so. Capisce?

- Yes. I'm sorry.

- You better be.

Yuqi removed the gun and pointed to the door to the boys and they almost ran out but Jaemin stayed to hold it for the girl, getting a smile in return.

Right in front of the building Mark recognized his boyfriend's car and stopped on his place getting Yuqi's attention. She also noticed the other and while walking to him she murmured at Mark to don't move until she checked what's happening. She exchanged some words with Lucas and called Mark.

- Don't fuck this up.

The Canadian nodded and got into the car next to Yukhei. If everything was alright Mark would have hugged him and even kissed him but now he didn't dare to move.

Lucas never gave Mark a reason to feel threatened or scared of him. He was careful and protective. But Mark has never seen him in action. Lucas has told him stories about his "work" and Mark had a certain image of what his lover could do so he didn't want to make him angry. And now that he did he was cautious about his next moves.

Yukhei's face was stone cold not showing any emotion. Mark opened his mouth as to say whatever it was but nothing came out of his mouth. His mind was running so fast that he couldn't form a single sentence so he just closed it.

It was Lucas, who first broke the silence, making Mark get goosebumps from his question.

- Do you really not love me?

Now the Canadian get to know that the other actually knew what happened if he had heard the conversation between Mark and his classmates.

During lunch Mark went to the park near the university to wait for Lucas as he was running late. Since the last week the couple often spent their time at the park of just walking around the campus so they could spend more time together. This time however, Yukhei had to talk with Yuqi before meeting with his boyfriend so he instructed him to just go to the park and wait for him there. There weren't many people walking in the park even though the weather was nice but a certain group of boy caught Mark's attention. It was a group of four boys the Canadian wasn't really familiar with the names but they often bullied Mark. They were from the popular guys and as every cliché they were also part of some sport team so they were dragging a ball everywhere they go. That day the said boys stopped by Mark. They started talking about him. Soon Yukhei was also included in their conversation. It didn't really bothered Mark until one of them said that he was surprised to find out that Mark was gay. So there is where the bickering started with Mark denying every word they said. However, one of them hit a sensitive spot for Mark.

- So you don't love your boy?

- No, I don't love him.

Mark could just say he didn't love anyone but he stressed on "him" on purpose. He realized he may have didn't a mistake but he didn't see Lucas anywhere near so he didn't have to know. Or that's what he thought. The boys didn't leave him. They now continued calling him names for using his lover when he didn't have feelings for him and at some point Mark just jumped and punched one of them causing a scene. The police officers were quickly to come and stop the fight. Mark and the boy he hit were arrested while the other who called the police were dismissed after being interrogated about the fight.

The Canadian paled. He has never spoke out his feelings for Lucas but he definitely had strong feelings toward the Chinese. Non of them have ever talked about they feelings but after getting official it was like an unspoken fact. Sometimes Yukhei would say "I like you" to Mark and in answer he'll kiss the older but he never said it verbally. Lucas tried to understand why the other never told him that he liked him back. He would excuse the other by thinking that he was shy or just find it hard to say in out loud so he preferred actions. But after hearing that Mark never loved him when he never heard that he actually did was bitter.

- I can't trust you. Just leave he alone. I'm not some experiment, Minhyung. I'm a person. Even if I'm fucked up, I still have feelings. You're not obligated to be with me, you know?

('⊙ω⊙')('⊙ω⊙')('⊙ω⊙')('⊙ω⊙')('⊙ω⊙')

I'm digging my own grave hah. It's been a week and Mark only fucked up. Hope you like it tho. Next chapter soon uwu. Thank you for reading💗💗 All the love.xxx