47

In a chat with dlmalfoyy

that_golden_boi
Are you here?

dlmalfoyy
Give me 5 min I
was at Blaise's

that_golden_boi
Alright

...

Draco rushed into his building. He didn't bother to wait for the lift. He swiftly pushed the door open and ran up the stairs. Harry was here. Harry was going to get back together with him. Harry still loved him.

Harry was waiting in the hallway for him, propped up against his door with his arms folded over his chest. He pushed off of it when he saw Draco. Draco opened the door to his flat without saying anything and they both walked in, Harry locking the door behind himself.

He turned and began to speak just as Harry opened his mouth.

"I'm sorry-"

"I shouldn't have-"

They both stopped talking and looked away. Draco sighed and took Harry's hands in his, intertwining their fingers. "I didn't mean for Theo to kiss me," he said.

"No, I know," said Harry. "I just-" he sighed and pulled his hand away, walking towards the couch and taking a seat. Draco, sensing that he needed space, sat in the arm chair across from him. "I shouldn't have run out on you like that," he said. "I should've stayed and let you explain."

Draco shook his head quickly and pulled his legs up onto the chair, tucking his feet under his butt. "It's okay, Harry."

"But it's not," Harry said, voice wavering. He caught his bottom lip between his teeth and looked at Draco with tears in his eyes and Draco wanted nothing more than to take him into his arms and whisper that he loved him. "I jumped to conclusions. I thought that you cheated on me. With Nott. I never even considered that you didn't mean to hurt me until I spoke to Hermione about it." He took a deep breath and leaned back into the couch. "I don't think we should do this," he said.

"Do what?" Draco asked, tears beginning to flood his vision.

"Us," said Harry, voice shaking. "I'm so sorry. I just don't want to hurt you. I was so quick to jump to conclusions. I don't think I'm ready for what we both want."

Draco's hands shook as he brought his hands up to wipe his eyes. He felt as though there was a pit in his stomach, trying to destroy his body from the inside out. His heart physically hurt, as though someone was ripping it out of his chest. He could feel bile rising in his throat and quickly swallowed, making a gurgling sound as he tried to open his mouth to speak. He swallowed again and took a deep breath. "I understand," he said.

"Draco, I love you. I really do. But I don't trust myself not to ruin this relationship." He got up and walked towards Draco, kneeling in front of him. He grabbed Draco's face in his hands and brought it down so that their foreheads touched. "I'm so sorry," he murmured. 

Draco sniffed and set his hands on top of Harry's. "D'you think you'll ever be ready?" he asked quietly.

"Soon," said Harry. Draco leaned in and kissed him. Harry opened his mouth and Draco slipped his tongue inside, Harry letting him lead the kiss. When they parted Harry stroked his cheeks with his thumbs and stood. "Soon."

"Yeah," said Draco. "Soon."

He closed his eyes and sobbed after the door closed, not able to fathom what he would do without Harry.