chapter 14

Sang POV

I wake up and for a second begin to panic till I recognise the room as mine at Phils house and everything comes flooding back to me. That strange man, Luke and his friends, coming to Phils.

I can hear voices down the hall and release that must of been what woke me. I think about just laying here and enjoying the quite but I need to see what Bailey is doing and who he is with. I roll out of bed and head towards the door, I'm guessing know one can hear me as the conversation  continues. Phil says I'm light on my feet which I most appreciate when laying Bailey down for bed. 

I near the living room and hear some of the conversation about a volto, hm what a strange name. I just stand here listening to them. When I hear them talking about background checks. Who are these people. Wait a minute who did they do a background check on me by the sounds of it and because I know people in Sunnyvale court. Oh god do they know Marie, will she find me. I've missed part of the conversation thinking about Marie and what would happen if I went back there and it causes me to shudder. The next thing I hear is Phil saying my name so they are talking about me, Well Phil wont let me go back. will he.

The more this conversation goes on the more it confuses me how am I a ghost. I'm right here, and I know I cant walk through walls I walk into enough of them.

I can help but ask "what does that mean dad" and in unison they all snaps there heads my way. Which would be funny if not for the serious look on their face. I don't think I'm going to like what they have to say.

Phil tries a chuckle but it comes out more of choking noise then says "Sang I didn't hear you get up" then smiles and says "again"

I laugh and I say "sorry I'll slam the door next time". Then with more attitude I say "so you can stop talking about like I'm not an adult and am not in the same building as you." 

Phil stands up and says " Sang its not like that, I promise. Come with me to my office. Just you and  me and we can talk about everything. Ill tell you everything Sang."

Before I can answer though the man with steel colour eyes answers I believe he was Mr.Blackbourne. He looked stern as he stood from his chair and it made me feel like a solider that had to stand to attention. "Dr.Roberts I believe that wouldn't...". 

He couldn't say much more after that as Phil rounded on him shouting "you believe I don't give a damn what you believe not after you may have just put my daughter in danger."

That word is like on a loop in my head. Danger, danger. I don't understand. I grab Phil's arm and repeat the word "danger". Phil looks down at me and pulls me along behind him as he mutters to himself as the boys we left behind call out to us. 

Phil doesn't stop till we reach his office and he slams the door shut and even then he starts to pace across his office. 

I sit down on the chair and curl into my self. I look at Phil and whisper "is Bailey ok". Phil turns and nod and say "yes his the kitchen getting something to eat". I nod my head to show I was listening.

"What was that all about Phil. why might I be in danger and why does it matter if I know someone from Sunnyvale court. Why did they do a background check because of that. Who are they to do that anyway Phil. What's a ghost, cause I'm pretty sure I'm alive".

Phil's in front of me in seconds placing my feet on the floor and pushing my head down between my legs telling me to take deep breathes in and out, in and out. I do as he says and I do feel myself calming down.

I look up at Phil and give him a smile its a weak one but hey its still a smile, I just know what ever Phil has to tell me isn't going to make me smile more. 

Phil takes a deep breath himself and say "Sang I've told you bits about the academy. How we help people like yourself. But some times we have to go one step further to make that happen. Like back ground checks."

I snap my head back to look at him then before I know it I'm on my feet and pacing myself now. "why, why would they still do I check on me. Unless. There not trying to take Bailey away from me Luke said he wouldn't. I would never hurt him his my heart. Phil, Phil don't let them."

I'm panicking I know I am but I just have and imagine in my head of them taking Bailey, they've put him in car and are driving off. I'm chasing them calling his name and I can see him crying and it breaking my heart. I hear someone sob and then I think its me.

"SANG" I hear Phil call me but I cant stop the black dots from coming I'm about to faint, with no answers.

Owens POV

I watch Dr.Roberts lead or possible pull Miss. Sorenson to his office. I don't know what to say or think I look up to him. His my father figure and I feel I've failed him and his put me on a time out.

We all just seem to freeze where we were, all of us looking where they disappeared to. Luke turn his eye blazing and he looks like a man on the edge but before he can say or doing anything a little blur runs past straight towards him and shouts "dada". Luke scoops his son up and smiles at him, "hey little man did you get some food". Bailey nods and say "bisquids". 

You can tell that Mr. Taylor is his father they look similar, the hair for one.

Mr.Taylor laughs and say " yes biscuit's you have some on you cheeks. You messy boy" there some wipes on the table he pulls some out and just starts cleaning up the boy.

His just taken this role without even trying. Its like his grown up over night, as at the moment there know sign of the cheeky lad we all know.  

Were all just watching them together Mr. Taylor jr seem to have a small smile on his face as he watches his older brother with the boy.

The quite is taken over by the sound of Dr.Roberts calling out well shouting out Sang. Sean is on his feet and running down the hall first followed by the kitchen door opening and Mrs.Roberts following him. I look towards Mr.Taylor who has his eyes on the hall but has a firm hold on Bailey. He looks torn.

Mr.Coleman moves towards him and ask " do you want me to take Bailey or go and check on Sang for you Luke"

Mr.Taylor clears his throat and says to Bailey "hi Buddy Gabe wants to play with you ok". Bailey looks to his father and says "mama".

"yes I'm going to find mama ok stay with Gabe" He passes Bailey to Mr.Coleman who now has pencils and paper and heads towards the table. Mr.Taylor moves towards the hall I follow after him.

We see Dr.Roberts hold Miss.Sorenson in his arms moving her toward another room. Some of our brother followed us and are watching the girls with worry in their eyes. 

Him and Sean are talking Dr.Roberts is saying "...fault. I didn't explain everything very well and she panicked and fainted"

I clear my throat and said "I believe we are to blame more for this my apologies Dr.Roberts." he gives me a nods and we follow him into the room a bedroom it seems to be Miss.Sorensons there are some Photos in here of her and Bailey. Nancy and Phil and her friend. that's it though know other family pictures.

Mrs.Roberts is holding a cloth to Miss.Sorenson's forehead and talking calmly to her. She looks up at Dr.Roberts and ask "how"

He signs and say's "she was panicking about them taking Bailey then I think she was thinking about her blood family."

Mrs.Roberts looks furious with this and spits out "why was she thinking about them disgusting people. She hasn't seen them at all or spoke about them for years. Has she Phil."

I'm confused now. Dr.Roberts signs and says "we was at uncles diner she bumped in to her sister. He turns to look at me and say's "her blood family lives on Sunnyvale court."

The boys in the room all start asking question. I just stare at Miss.Sorenson and wonder what this girl has been through just to faint by thinking about her blood family.