Fights and Phone Calls

She walked back to her mate with a smile. Taking his arm she noticed that Rose was looking at what claimed to be the last human. Surgeries had allowed Cassandra O'Brien.Delta17 to live thousands of years. Her obsession of looks had left her a stretched piece of skin with her brain attached. Not a sight for the faint of heart.

Cassandra has brought with her the last remaining ostrich egg which looked petrified. Her joke of her third husband giving them a small laugh. The attendants then wheeled in a jukebox which archives had mistakenly marked as an iPod. When Tink heard the opening notes of Soft Cell's song Tainted Love she had to laugh. Theta loved music and loved to dance, not that he broadcasted it.

As she knew he would be quickly started bobbing to the music and grabbing her hand let her in a small dance. He had just dipped her when she heard Boe. "You're companion seems to have become overwhelmed." She quickly straightened and looked around. "Rose is gone." She said taking his hand and leading him as she saw a flash of blonde leave the doors.

They were stopped by Jute on their way out. She seemed to take a picture but they were in a hurry to catch Rose. They were held up when they heard the Stewart come over the intercom.  "Will the owners of the Blue Box in Private Gallery 15 please come to the Stewart's office immediately." They walked to his office hoping to find Rose along the way. The Stewart has a group of attendants lead them to the gallery and take the Tardis for proper parking.

"Please be careful with her she's very special." Tink said. "No scratches." The Doctor added. One of the attendants came back and handed them a claim ticket. "Thank you very much." Tink said as the creature scurried to help the others.

They finally found Rose in another gallery not far from where they had landed. The Doctor slipped down the steps then helped Tink to sit on the edge of the stairs as well. "What do ya think then?" Theta asked excited to know how she liked traveling. "It's great, ya!" Rose said a bit to forced. "They're just so alien." She said finally admitting her problem.

The Doctor looked confused. "The aliens. They look so alien." Rose clarified. Tink couldn't imagine how hard it must be to not only learn you aren't alone in the universe but to be exposed to so many species at once. "I'm sorry, Rose. This was too much for your first trip." Tink said sadly looking down. "Good thing we didn't take her to the Deep South." Theta joked.

She smacked his shoulder but had to smile because she agreed. "Where are you from?" Rose asked. That wiped the smile off their faces. Tink leaned against her mate and closed her eyes. "All over the place." The Doctor tried to avoid answering. Luckily, Rose seemed to let it drop. "They all speak English." She stated. Theta was back happy. "No, that's one of Tink's greatest inventions! The Tardis is gifting you with the conversions. It's just sounds like English to you."

He always did brag about she and her families Tardis' they grew. Theirs were the best any Time Lord could ask for. The one they called home had been one of her best projects and was in a showcase when Theta took her back. "It's inside my brain?" Rose sounded horrified. Tink tried to reassure her. "It's not like you think! She just uses the information to know what you need. All of the information stays personal."

It didn't seem to help. "Your machine gets inside my head! It gets inside and it changes my head and you didn't think to ask." Tink looked down. It had been so long since someone had traveled with them she hadn't even thought about it. "I didn't think about it like that." Her mate admired.

"Who are you two then?" The Doctor had been leaning back which she had enjoyed, but this question had him sitting up in frustration. "What are you called? What sort of aliens are you?" Rose persisted. "We're just The Doctor and Tinker." He stated. "From what planet?" She asked again.

Tink couldn't take the memories. She stood and walked to the windows. "It's not as if you know what it is!" He was trying to stop the girl from asking. "Where are you from?" Tink was glad he couldn't see her tears it would only make things worse. "What does it matter?!" He yelled. Standing to go to his mate. "Tell me who you are!" He turned very angry now seeing his mates tears.

"This is who we are! Right here, right now! Alright?  All that counts is here and now! And this is us!" Rose refuses to back down. "Ya, and I'm here too cause you brought me here. Now tell me!" He turned from her and brought Tink into his chest. Trying to comfort her and chase the memories away.

Rose must have finally seen what her questions were doing. She walked up next to them. "Alright. As my mate Cherine says, Don't agree with the designated driver. Can't exactly call for a taxi." Tink wiped her tears and calmed herself. "We're our of range, just a bit." Rose said trying to lighten the mode. It worked and The Doctor appreciates it.

"You know what? Let me do a trick Tink taught me." He said grabbing her cell phone. "With a little bit of jiggery pokery." He took the back off the phone. "Is that a technical term Jiggery Pokery?" Rose asked amused. "Ya, I came in first in Jiggery Pokery. What about you?" Rose shook her head. "Nah, failed hulla ballu." Tink laughed. "I beat you both I have a degree in Tinkery." The Doctor laughed. "Show off." His tone was praising though. Tink curtsied. Doc finished the phone and handed it back.

"There ya go. Universal timing." He said. "Quite literally, we found a way to use the vortex to bounce the satellites and use the origin..." she looked up to see that Rose was already on the phone and the Doctor stood smiling at her. She blushed, "I did it again." He grabbed her in a hug kissing her head. "How did I get so lucky?"

They turned and watched Rose enjoy the phone call with her mum. The look on her face after was priceless. "If you think that's amazing, you should see the bill."