Chapter eight

Rick thought that for sure Samantha was dead, she's been gone for two years.

If only she would come back, Rick spent most of his time looking for Sam, but eventually he gave up.

Carl never gave up, ever, even when his dad did, he didn't.

Rick changed over those two years and not for the better.

Daryl he, he never stopped looking for Sammy.

"Dad" Rick snapped out of his thoughts.

"I have to show you something before you leave" Carl ran off into the Grimes house, Rick sighed before following his son.

"Came in this morning" Rick was confused, it's been a while since Carl has been this happy, two years to be exact.

Carl and Michonne were standing side by side clearly hiding something.

"What" Rick asked smiling.

Michonne and Carl stepped away, in their place stood a little girl, she was wearing a pink dress and.... and Carl's hat.

Rick stumbled back, this couldn't be real, he was going to wake up any minute now and Samantha would be gone again.

"Daddy" it was real, Sam ran over to her father, she tackled him into a hug.

Michonne smiled, when she met Rick he was a broken man, his wife died and his daughter was missing.

Throughout the years Rick never got better, they never found out who kidnapped Sammy.

Rick felt tears come streaming down his face, he was grateful, so grateful.

He didn't want to leave now, he wanted to stay, he didn't want to fight Negan.

Samantha held onto her fathers neck tightly, she knew that he had to go, had to fight evil, but she wanted him to stay.

"Daddy, don't leave please" Sam pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

Rick let out a sob, it's been years since he's cried, he didn't show any emotion for a while.

Aaron walked up to the Grimes house, he looked through the window and smiled.

Everyone who knows Rick knows about Sammy, Aaron felt sympathy for Rick.

Aaron didn't want to intrude on this moment but they had to go, had to fight Negan.

Samantha jumped at the noise coming from the door.

"Rick, we have to go"

Sam tightened her grip on her fathers neck, she just got her family back and now her father is leaving.

"Daddy no" Rick could almost feel his heart breaking.

"Let's go outside" Michonne suggested.

The Grimes family stepped outside of the house with the yellow door.

Rick said his goodbyes to Carl and Michonne before handing Sammy over to Carl.

"Daddy" Samantha cried out, she reached out to grab her fathers shirt.

The people of Alexandria drew their attention to the leader of Alexandria and his family.

Rick ignored his daughter and walked away, he could hear Sam's cries.

It hurt him, he just got her back but he couldn't just back down from a fight with the enemy.

"Daddy come back" Rick got into one of the shielded cars and drove off.