Chapter eighteen

- (September 10th 2014)

Rick ran up the steps of the white building, the door was already open so he ran inside, the first thing he noticed was Carl crying on the bed that was beside the door.

          "Where is she?" He asked frantically, Shane poked his head out from the back room where they have the more critical patients.

          "Here" Shane called. Daryl entered the room a minute after Rick did.
          "We need Daryl, it's probably better if you stay out here Rick" the leader let out a frustrated sigh but he nodded, someone needed to comfort Carl anyways.  

          "What happened?" Rick asked sitting down beside his son, he wrapped an arm around him and brought Carl closer, a scream came from the back room. Rick choked on the tears running down his face.

          "Let's go for a walk?" Carl nodded, he stood up but made sure that his dad's arm was still around him. They walked out of the building, bumping into Siddiq on the way out, he gave them a small smile, Rick smiled but it was quickly wiped away by another scream.

He grabbed Carl and walked away from the building faster.
          "It's all my fault, I didn't shoot him, I should've" Carl mumbled just loud enough for Rick to hear.

          "Who?" Rick's sadness's was immediately replaced with anger, Carl shrugged, he never got the name of the man who shot his baby sister. Carl leaned into his father slightly.

          "I never got his name but he should still be in the same pla-" Rick rushed off into his house, minutes later he came back out with his machete and jacket. Rick shrugged on his brown jacket, he slid his machete into the holster on his belt.

          "Dad where are you going?" Carl asked slightly shaken up still from what happened.
          "Just gonna pay someone a little visit" he stormed away, hand on his machete, Carl knew that there was no point in trying to stop his father, plus he wanted the guy dead anyway.

Siddiq walked out of the white building, he spotted Carl from a distance and waved the boy over.
          "How is she?" Carl asked worriedly, he was silently hoping that his sister was alive.

          "Come with me" that definitely wasn't the answer Carl was hoping for but at least Siddiq didn't look upset so maybe his sister is alive.

Carl followed Siddiq back into the medical building, Sammy was laying down on one of the beds out front, Dr. Graham was seated on a chair beside the bed. He stood up when he spotted Carl by the front door.

"She got shot in the ear and chest but she's alive" Carl looked over to the bed that she was on, her shirt was off but her chest was covered by bandages.

          "Wait- she was shot twice?" The doctor nodded, Carl raised an eyebrow, how was this possible? There was no way the bullet went through the man and shot his sister, right? Carl shook his head. Graham looked at him confused.

          "What?" The doctor asked confused. Siddiq caught on to what Carl was saying, so he spoke up.
          "There were only two gunshots, she got shot and so did the guy who shot her" Graham nodded his head catching on.

          "So, where did the third shot come from?" That was the big question, did this mysterious person have a silencer on? Carl looked down at his baby sister, he was gonna kill whoever shot her.

-

Rick wandered through the woods following the blood trail that his daughter left behind, he was still very concerned about her making it but he was also filled with rage at the moment.

Whenever someone Rick knows gets hurt all he thinks about is how he's gonna hurt the person who hurt his family and right now all he's thinking about is all the ways he's gonna torture this man, that's if he's still alive.

The smell of blood became stronger as Rick got closer to a little clearing in the woods, it was surrounded by tall bushes, a groaning sound was coming from the clearing.

Rick pulled out his machete, he crouched down slightly and started to walk forward, a man was laying against a tree, his shirt was covered in blood, there were two guns beside him, probably his gun and what looked like Carl's gun.

          "You need help?" Rick asked coming out if his hiding spot, he quickly hid his machete in his belt, the man jumped slightly, he grabbed his gun and pointed it at Rick. The man shook his head.

          "No, now go before I shoot you" Rick tilted his head, his grin tightening on his machete whine him.
          "Nah, you look like you need help" Rick crouched down next to the man, the man tried to move away but Rick has him cornered against a tree.

Rick kicked away the guns, he grabbed his machete and held it against the man's throat.
          "That little girl you shot earlier, that's my daughter" the man gulped nervously.

The machete against his neck was making it hard for him to breathe, Rick moved his weapon slightly drawing blood from the man.

          "H...hey listen man, I...I'm sorry, I wasn't going to shoot her I s..swear, it- he made me, he made me!" Rick gritted his teeth in anger, there was no going back from shooting a toddler.

Rick moves his machete to the man's fingers, one by one he chopped off the fingers.
          "Ahh, please, stop! I beg you" the man screamed out.

"Shut up!" Rick spat out angrily, he lifted up the machete and drove it into the man's skull, it made a sickening sound as the metal collided with his head.

-

Samantha whimpered slightly as she woke up, she was in pain but couldn't tell why. "Daddy?" She cried out. She could feel pain on the side of her head and chest.
          "Dadddyyy?" Rick who had just gotten back rushed into the room.

He let out a huge sigh of relief.
          "I'm right here baby" Sam immediately clung to him when he sat down, Rick lifted her up and laid down with her.

          "You kay?" She asked crying still, not understanding why her fathers voice was more muffled than it used to be. Rick started crying as well, both of his kids got hurt in only just a year, he didn't know how he was going to tell her.