Chapter 1 - The Celebration

Chapter 1

The Celebration

Poseidon's POV

September 7, 2014. The day when we were celebrating his birthday, Oceanus.

We drunk a lot in a floating cottage by the sea.

Our cottage was made from raft with barrack look structure. A huge table with three chairs could be seen inside.

The sensation of standing above the water, hearing the waves slapping below us, was exciting and fun. Yes, we were tourists on this part of the island.

"See? It’s almost perfect here!" says Oceanus while holding a bottle of wine.  He drinks from it directly without using any glass.

"Happy birthday, Ocean!" greets Cruise while he runs his left hand on his pocket looking for a cigarette then he placed it on his mouth. His right hand went to his right pocket to get a silver lighter. He lit the cigarettes then proceeded to smoke around us.

"I told you, don't call me Ocean. I'm Oceanus and remember that gorgeous name!" Oceanus said with a smile, sipping his wine in delight.

Cruise also smiled and he stood in front of Oceanus.  He grabbed the bottle of wine from Oceanus who reacted in confusion.

"What the..?" says the confused Oceanus.

"Fuck?" Cruise continues for him.

Oceanus lightly punched Cruise's arm in a kidding manner. They carried on with their drinking.

They both laughed at each other. While they were chatting, I was standing on one side of the cottage looking for a rare creature

"Hey, Poseidon! What are you looking for?" asks Cruise.

I stood up straighter and replied with a sheepish smile "Nothing, just creatures you can considered unique."

"Unique creature?" Oceanus repeats.

"Yeah, aqua creature," I answered in a deep voice.

"You mean sharks? A big tailed fish?" They stopped what they’re doing for a while.

"Not so common. I told you a unique creature," I answered.

"Maybe what you’re referring to is a fish monster?" Oceanus asked.

"Never mind, guys! Let’s move our cottage on the deepest part of the sea so we can find a fish monster!" Cruise said in persuasion.

I don't know what to reply, but I nevertheless answered him. "I don't think so."

They laughed. Maybe they thought I am afraid of the deep sea but I'm definitely not.

They jumped into the water and moved the floating cottage while I was still in it. They swam far enough and pushed the floated hut in the middle of the sea until we saw a fisherman in his boat feeding something to the fish.

"What is he doing?" asks Oceanus.

"I don't know. Maybe he’s feeding some fish." Cruise answered while he floats over the surface of water.

"Maybe not a fish. Look at his hands." Oceanus' curiousity was piqued.

All of us peered at the fisherman's hands holding a large piece of meat. We saw him threw it underwater.

"Do you think any fish can eat a large meat?" Oceanus questioned us.

"Of course! Piranha would be able to eat that." Cruise giggle.