Chapter 3 -Beauty of the sea

CHAPTER 3

Beauty of the sea

Poseidon's POV

There’s a huge dark cloud looming in the sky as the sun starts to set over the horizon. Your eyes can't reach the stars because they are well hidden behind the clouds. Moon appears slowly while the sea becomes just a shadow of darkness.

Oceanus started drinking wine again and Cruise continued puffing off his cigarette.

"Guys? Don't you ever wonder what kind of creature dragged Oceanus under the sea?" I asked them while eating a vegetable salad to maintain my good body built.

"Maybe you're right Poseidon, a Vulgaris," Cruise answered.

"Vulgaris .....Vulgaris Monster," Oceanus said and sighed.

Both Cruise and I stared at Oceanus and it seems he seriously believed his description that the creature was a monster.

"Am I right, Poseidon?" Oceanus asked me.

"Not really" I answered.

They were both shocked about what I’d said and they paused for a while before asking.

"You said it was a vulgaris but now you’re doubting it?" Oceanus asked first.

"I saw her," I said while eating a fresh tomato from my salad.

"Her? A woman creature?" Cruise asked next.

"I only saw the upper half of her," I answered Cruise then I ate the lettuce.

"You mean, a mermaid?" Oceanus asked again.

"No, I didn't saw any tail but I’d seen some tentacles"

"What the---?" Oceanus was about to asked.

"Fuck?" I continued his speech

"Seriously, you saw her with tentacles? Oh, shit! What kind of creature is that one?" Oceanus said screaming.

"A half woman and half octopus vulgaris," Cruise clarified.

"Maybe," I said to them.

"Hmm. Let me think." Cruise said reflecting.

"What the hell is under the sea? We have to get out of here!" Oceanus started panicking.

"No we won't," Cruise was still smoking, his posture relaxed.

"Why?" Oceanus screamed.

"This is Poseidon's opportunity to find a unique creature," Cruise looked at me.

"Am i right, Poseidon?" He continued his speech.

He was definitely right about what he said that I have to stay here.

"Yeah, Cruise is right," I strongly agreed.

"What the---" Oceanus said.

"Fuck?" Cruise continued for him.

"A monster beneath the sea! I don't wanna die early! I want to have more birthdays to come! More and more!" Oceanus cried.

"Then let this one the most memorable birthday of your life! An adventurous day!" Cruise smiled at Oceanus.

"You’re insane, Cruise!" Oceanus said madly.

"Why? Are you afraid?" Cruise said insultingly to Oceanus.

"No!" Oceanus answered doubtfully.

"So there will be no problem if we try to catch a monster," Cruise said.