Soulmate: Scene

As the burning in my wrist died down, I felt hands on my body and questioning coming from...

Ahh...

It must be that guard, Taemin, checking on me.

Tears streaming down my face, I was still shell-shocked, not quite believing that I had actually just met my true soulmate.

It had taken so long that I had begun to give up hope.

Now that my soulmate was finally discovered, I didn't know how to process it.

A few minutes passed while I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Haneul?"

"Lee Haneul?"

"Are you okay?"

"Can you hear me?"

The questions finally shook me out of my confusion, as I became aware of Taemin carefully lifting me off the ground supporting me with his body.

"Wha... Oh! Yes, I'm fine!"

"Better than fine actually! Just a bit shocked I think," I said to him in response a large genuine smile gracing my face.

"That's understandable," he said smiling back at me, while walking me slowly down the hallway.

I clutched onto his arm tightly, feeling very weak as I stumbled along next to him. Taking deep breaths as I walked, trying to calm my racing heart.

"When I met my soulmate for the first time in a park, I was so surprised, that I accidently fell straight into the park's public fountain! Not a great way to leave a good first impression," Taemin chuckled, trying to calm me down through humor, while at the same time giving me space to process what had just happened to me.

I giggled at the thought, as my mind cleared enough to ask, "Where are we going?"

"To one of the private rooms in the back, where you can meet your soulmate properly, face to face this time." He replied smoothly.

"Okay." I said still in a bit of a daze as I glanced down at my wrist which was still tingling slightly from earlier.

I couldn't help myself and let out a gasp at the sight that met my eyes.

It was beautiful.

The black outline had changed to a silvery purple color. The clouds now filled in with perfectly blended hues of blue and purple, creating a breathtaking picture that was now forever engraved on my arm.

"Wow..." I said in wonder.

Taemin glanced over to see my mesmerized gaze fixed on my wrist.

"Your tattoo is really pretty," He complimented.

"Isn't it?" I replied vaguely, still enthralled at the beauty I saw.

It reminded me of some of the magnificent shots I had been able to capture in the past of outdoor scenery with my camera.

The photographer within me internally gushed over how gorgeous my tattoo was, while my persona on the outside was expressing pure joy. My happiness at the fact that I had not only found a soulmate, but apparently had found one who was going to make my life more beautiful, starting with this tattoo, made me beam from ear to ear.

Collecting my thoughts as we neared a door at the end of another hallway, my footsteps much more firm now, I asked Taemin the one question that had now come to my mind as the most important.

"Who exactly is my soulmate then?"

Taemin smiled widely and said mischievously, "Now why would I ever ruin the surprise for you?"