Epilouge

I was nervous.

The second those photographers took my picture next to Jimin today, the truth would be out, and there would be no going back.

I bit my lip as I thought about the last few months together with Jimin.

Things were going wonderfully with us.

I had moved into the dorm with Jimin, and had met the other members and their soulmates.

I had grown a lot closer to each of them over time, especially the girls, and now felt very comfortable around them.

I felt like one of the family, and soon Jimin and I would be announcing to the world that we were indeed together, and planning on becoming a real family.

Jimin had proposed shortly after we had met.

We knew it was fast, but it didn't matter to us.

After searching so long to find our soulmate, we did not want to wait any longer than necessary to make it official.

I suppose we were trying to make up for lost time.

I had also joined Big Hit as a professional photographer, and was happy to be using my talent in a way that allowed me to still be close to my soulmate.

Things were going well, and Jimin and I both decided together that we wanted to make it official with the public as well.

It had only been a few months since Taehyung and Jungkook had come out to overwhelming support, despite their initial misgivings, so we figured the timing was perfect for us as well.

Big Hit had scheduled a press conference for today, and I was currently stressing about how things could go horribly wrong.

Walking down the hallway towards the room where Jimin was waiting for me, troubling thoughts constantly rolled through my head.

What if I tripped walking down the stairs?

What if Jimin's fans didn't like me?

What if I stuttered when I started speaking or worse, forgot what I was supposed to say?

Reaching Jimin's door I took a deep breath putting a smile on my face instead.

What if's never helped anyone.

What was going to happen would happen, and any mistakes would be forgotten or overlooked in the grand scheme of things anyways. I thought optimistically.

Pushing down my nerves and my fears, I burst into the room where Jimin was.

Unfortunately I used a bit too much force when I shoved the door open, once again causing it to crash loudly into the wall.

Taking in the startled look on my fiancé's face I looked sheepishly at him.

Kicking the door shut behind me, my cheeks were tinged red with embarrassment.

As the clanging sound of the door closing echoed off the walls, he burst out laughing.

He reached out his hand to take mine.

"You sure do know how to make an entrance don't you?" He chuckled, referencing the first time we had actually met in person.

"Just like old times!" I replied jokingly taking his outstretched hand in my own.

It was warm to the touch, just like it had been since the first time we held hands.

Looking lovingly into Jimin's warm gaze I felt my heart melt once again.

"Ready sweetheart?" He asked, kissing my forehead sweetly.

"I was born ready darling," I joked kissing him back as I claimed his lips for myself.

Deepening the kiss, we lost ourselves in each other, before he finally pulled away from me, needing to come up for air.

"Later babe," he growled at me, as I whined slightly from the loss of contact.

Pecking my nose with his lips lightly at my protest he said, "Love you."

"Love you more," I replied as we turned to walk out into the press conference.

"That's not possible," He replied firmly tugging me to his side.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because I love you the most." He replied cheekily but still sincerely.

"I will always love you, my beautiful soulmate," he continued firmly, pressing a tender kiss to my cheek making my heart melt even more.

"And I will always love you back, my gorgeous soulmate," I replied sweetly, squeezing his hand tightly.

Hand in hand we walked toward the door leading to the press conference, and subsequently our future.

"But I will always love Calico slightly more," he said endearingly to me, sighing wistfully at the thought, right before the doors opened for us.

"What? My cat?" I said in shock as the doors began to open for us.

"You mean my cat?" Jimin responded smiling mischievously.

"Our cat!" I compromised swiftly, taking in the flashes of cameras staring to blind me.

The sound of his laughter echoed in my ears, as hand in hand we started down the steps and toward our bright future together.

Just him and I, two soulmates bonded together forever.

Jimin and Haneul.

Finally finding our missing halves, and putting together that last piece of our puzzles.

Soulmates, destined for each other's true happiness.

Not forgetting the cat of course.

Author's Note:

So as always, my stories tend to get away from me and I write more than I originally planned on! But I think this one came out well.

I'm not sure if you caught it while reading, but I did intentionally write the main character Haneul as a genderless character for two reasons.

First, if you put yourself as a male or a female into Haneul's shoes it would flow well, so for the sake of my readers I wanted to go that route.

And second, originally I planned on making Haneul a male actually, and springing it on you guys at the very end just for the shock factor, lol! But after thinking about it some more, and because of the first reason, I decided it would be better to leave it as it was.

This was so fun to write! I love playing with my imagination and coming up with different things, and I have so many ideas for other stories so keep an eye out!

If you have any questions about the story, I'd love to answer them here.

Thank you so much for reading, I really hoped you enjoyed it!

Don't forget to smile today! :D