Heartbreak

If he wasn't stoned out of his mind, the scene before him would have broken him.

Raphael, his Rapha was making out feverishly with his roommate, Imasu, or something like that. Simon stood awkwardly at the door and watched them for a few minutes, or was it hours? No, definitely a few minutes. The weed in his system was making him really slow to react. What are you supposed to say in situations like this?

"Hey, Rapha, I think I'm gonna go." He heard himself say. He felt a giggle build in his throat as Raphael and his...whatever jumped apart comically.

"Simon..." Raphael said softly, but Simon raised his hand. "It's fine. I'm going home. See you around."

He tapped his pockets to see if his phones and keys were on him then he turned away from Raphael's stricken face.

"It's past midnight, how is he going to get back to Brooklyn?" he heard Imasu ask.

How indeed?

******

He opened his eyes as he felt soft hands on his chest. He looked at the person in bed with him and blinked, trying to remember who she was.

Oh.

Yeah.

He went out with Magnus and Alec last night. He picked someone up. A girl, this time. He name was Angie, Angela...ah yes, Abby. The rest of the night was a blur but apparently he brought her home. He turned to look at the time. A little after six. Still early.

"Someone's up." Abby purred; her nose in his neck. "Good morning indeed."

He smiled distractedly, took her hand and dragged it down to his groin. Sighing, he closed his eyes.

Yeah, good morning indeed."

A couple of hours later, he had seen Abby out and he walked into the kitchen, pointedly avoiding his roommates' eyes as he made coffee. He started humming, and Magnus cleared his throat.

"Simon." Alec said.

"Good morning guys." He said, throwing a smile before going back to the task at hand.

"Simon." Alec said again. "Are you OK?"

"Of course I'm OK." Simon replied, still not looking at them. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I have known you for more than 15 years and you have never acted like this." Magnus said, behind him. "I'm worried."

"Acting like what?" Simon sighed, closing his eyes. "What did I do last night?"

"It's not just last night." Alec said, turning him to face them. "You have been...weird, since you and Raphael fought. And this is extreme."

"What is?" Simon asked, glaring at his roommates. "I am young, virile and apparently a stud." He ignored Alec's expression at that. "And I can't wait around letting life pass me by. If you must know, Rapha is fine. In fact, he's the one who told me that we were not exclusive. I would have called him right now, but I don't have my phone-"

"Raphael has been trying to talk to you for nearly three weeks." Magnus said, quietly. "He says he hasn't been able to get in touch with you and he keeps calling us, trying to talk to you."

"Huh." Simon pretended to be shocked. "That's odd. I'll call him back.

"No, you won't." Alec said, dryly. "I also find it hard to believe that after eight years together, Raphael would suddenly decide that you guys aren't exclusive any more. So what is going on? Don't make me get Izzy and Clary."