Status Quo

It was raining when they got back to New York. Everyone was subdued when they all went their separate ways. Simon sent a text to Jace as soon as he got home.

SimonLewis [2.20PM]

We are back home. It's raining and everyone is kinda bummed. Is it weird that I miss you already? 'Cos I do.

The rest of the holiday was a blur. Simon slept over at Jace's for the next two nights and they all had breakfast together before going to the airport. Maia and Bat had tried to convince Meliorn to come and visit them in New York.

"I think Maia and Bat had the most fun." Simon said. Magnus laughed.

"I doubt it."

"Please." Simon said. "How many people would get to say 'Hey, my boyfriend and I had sex with a fallen angel'? I didn't even know Bat had it in him."

"I would have thought you had the most fun." Alec said. "I mean, you actually look relaxed. Which is what you needed in the first place."

"Yea, sex would do that to ya."Simon said, winking. "But, the both of you know all about that, now don't you?"

"I don't like this Simon, Magnus." Alec said, rolling his eyes.

"I think he's right." Magnus said, thoughtfully. "We do know about that."

"Oh my God!" Alec groaned, dramatically.

"I'm not in the mood to cook today." Magnus yawned. "We'll order something later. I'm going to bed."

Simon went back to his room with a small smile. Alec was right, this vacation was exactly what the doctor ordered. And even if he never saw Jace again, it was worth it.

His phone vibrated with a message. He smiled when he saw it.

PrettyBoyJace [2.30PM]

I miss you too

******

"Are you OK, Monkey?" his mother asked him. "I should give that boy a piece of my mind for hurting my baby."

"Mom, it's fine." Simon said. "We are friends now, I think. Not close friends, but I don't hate him. "

"You are too good, Si." Rebecca said. "I mean, he cheated on you. And you found out, not like he told you. You should kick his ass."

"Magnus took care of it." Simon said, sipping his coffee. It was a few days after they had all gotten back from Los Angeles. Simon stopped to have breakfast with his mom and sister before going to work.

"So how was your vacation?" Rebecca asked, as small smile playing on her lips. "Did you meet anyone?"

"For the love of-" Simon sighed. "I should have known. Clary?"

"Clary." His sister snickered.

Their mother looked at both of them. "What are you two talking about?

"Simon had a summer fling." Rebecca said. "Clary said the guy was literally an angel. Blonde and bronzed. Like a Greek god."

"Damn it." Simon covered his face with his hand. "I'm going to kill her."

"Oh, you met someone?" his mother asked. "That's nice. Who is he?"

Simon muttered his name and took a huge gulp of his coffee.

"What was that, Monkey?" his mother asked. "You know I hate it when you mumble."

"Jonathan Herondale." Simon said, louder. "My "fling" was with Jonathan Herondale."