4 | AMIABLE.

A FAMILIAR TUNE PLAYS WITHIN THE HOLLOWED OUT HALLWAYS OF THE BOARDING SCHOOL. It sends a wave of tranquility in Jamie as she breathes out with a soft smile playing on her lips. She liked to think that it was because she managed to train herself in slowing down the usual storm in her brain with the familiar tune but Mitch might say otherwise. He'd say something along the lines that it was because she was completely and utterly in love with the idiot behind the piano. She'd deny it but a part of her always believed it were true. At least, by just a small bit.

It's been around nine or so years since Louis spent every ounce of his freetime playing the piano—despite how others have grown tired of the same old tunes played on the old piano.

She hums along the tune, legs swinging with the beat. It's been a bit of a busy day since she and Marlon helped the girl and her little boy. And so far, things have been as normal as they were before. Granted, that the little boy proved to be a pain that was suspicious of just about everybody in their school. So far, it was only Louis who managed to connect with the boy, at least, enough to keep him out of trouble. The girl was stable and slowly recovering. It was only a matter of time before she woke up.

With the thought of the little boy in her mind, Jamie turned her attention to Willy beside her. The two of them decided on sitting down on the large couches they had sitting outside on the courtyard. It was rare for them to have time for themselves and agreed on using it to relax. At least, until Marlon came by to boss them around again. The boy sat with his legs criss-crossed on the couch, hands twiddling with a piece of wood that Mitch whittled for him. It was in the shape of a bear—albeit, a bit oddly shaped, as it was one of MItch's first pieces. Still, Willy loved the thing. She reaches out to ruffle his brown hair.

"How're you holding up Willy?" Jamie asks with a soft smile. The boy lightly pushes her hand away with a groan but doesn't move farther away from her. It only took Jamie a few minutes of meeting the kid to grow fond of him. They met way back then, right after the adults started to leave. Mitch had gifted him the wooden bear as a way to appease the boy and starting from then on, Willy started to follow Mitch around. And later on, Jamie too. Though, it took awhile for Willy to actually start talking to the both of them—it was worth it.

"Hungry." He answers with a petulant pout of his lips. As if on cue, his stomach grumbled just loud enough for Jamie to catch. A light laugh slips past her lips before she could help it. "Hey—!"

"Sorry, sorry." Jamie tries her best to calm down her laughter. "If it helps, I'm hungry too."

Willy's eyes narrow and his lips form a petulant pout. The wood bear in his hands is then hidden away in his pant pocket. "...Why did you and Marlon save those two kids?"

Jamie huffs at the memory. It was nerve wracking to say the least. Marlon had taken the liberty in clearing a path for her towards the passenger side of the car. Not to mention the fact that Rosie was by her side keeping a few walkers away. The kid she saved was more than reluctant to follow them but seeing as to how his guardian was currently knocked out, he had no other choice. As usual, it was either safety or freedom. There was a slight uproar within the leftover kids at the boarding school when Jamie and Marlon came back with two new additions. Ruby and Tenn made quick work to fix the new girl's head injury.

"To be honest, it was Marlon who really wanted to save them." Jamie still can't wrap her head around it all. Just a few moments before, Marlon seemed hellbent on keeping them away from trouble. And then, just as quick he ran towards trouble. There hasn't been anytime to confront Marlon about their conversation but she's trying to find a good moment. He seemed ready to avoid any moment alone with her since then, too.

She takes a quick glance at Willy—maybe Louis or Mitch would have a better answer for the confusion in her mind. "He basically ran towards the wreck! You should've seen it Will. It was a scene out of a movie. He was firing arrows at all the walkers."