Chapter 2: Dinner and a Movie

AN: This is one of my favorite ships, and Komiya and Tsunoda both really have a lot in common. The original shorts show that Komiya and Tsunoda are close friends and I really like to imagine them both leaning on each other to get through the work that they suck up to, but in fact actually hate.

Please be courteous, if you don't like a ship don't leave a comment :) Next up is Retsuko/Haida!

"Ooh, this is a good one. A keeper!" Tsunoda grins and changes her position in her chair, keeping her phone steady as she posed. "That one's gonna go in '#TGIF!' Finally Friday!"

She giggles and leans back to take another snap when suddenly her arm brushes against her paper coffee cup on the desk. It topples over and pops open, and it splashes all over a pile of papers on her desk.

Tsunoda jumps up in alarm. "Oh no!"

Across from her, Kabae looks up curiously to see what the fuss is about, and Tsunoda desperately tries to cover up the scene.

"Oh, how careless of me, to just knock that right over!" a voice speaks from behind her. She turns and Komiya briskly walks past, putting his hand on the desk and smiling.

"Huh?"

"You saw what happened, right?" Komiya asks, turning from Kabae to Tsunoda. "I just put my hand down and swiped everything off by accident! Must be getting sloppy from all this overwork! Heheh." He chuckles and quickly gathers up the stack of soaked papers and the toppled coffee cup in his arms.

"Let me clean this up and let's not bother the Director about this little mishap, mhmm?" he says, and he returns to his desk promptly, and starts to write down the work he needs to redo.

Tsunoda comes up to his desk. "Thanks for covering for me back there, Komiya."

He looks up and smiles a little. "Don't mention it, Tsunoda. It would have been bad if Kabae got wind of your little fiasco. She's an ever bigger gossip than you are."

Tsunoda giggles. Komiya was known around the office for being Ton's shadow: tense, overbearing, and in general, a real jerk. Yet, many times, he had shown Tsunoda kindness and support that he reserved only for her.

Tsunoda was curious by nature, and she had the need to know more about her coworker. She held some charm over all the men in the office, and he was no exception, and so when she asked if he'd like to take her out sometime, he'd agreed eagerly.

"So..." she lowers her voice so only he can hear. "Are we still on for tonight?"

Komiya's cheeks turn a bright red as he blushes and he chuckles. "Y-yeah, of course! I got a reservation for dinner. And then we can go watch a movie! Did you choose what you wanted to watch?"

"Ohhh! It's called 'Weekend in Tokyo'! It's a romcom!" Tsunoda says, showing him the movie poster on her phone.

"Komiya!" Ton's angry voice suddenly bellows across the room. "You'd better have all those forms redone and filled out by the end of the day!"

Apparently, he'd found out.

"I should get back to work!" Komiya says nervously, going back to his usual shivering and stressed behavior. "I'll see you after work."

Tsunoda goes back to her own desk feeling a bit guilty that she had set him up with more work because of her mistake. Luckily, work would be over in less than an hour, and she made herself look busy.

When the day is finally done, she glances towards Komiya's desk, and seeing him still working away, she heads into the dressing room to change.

She takes out her little black dress that she had packed specifically for today.