𝐎𝐍𝐄. sleepless

𝘚𝘓𝘌𝘌𝘗𝘓𝘌𝘚𝘚.

            " I know you're somewhere out there somewhere far away

            " I know you're somewhere out there somewhere far away. "

    Another sleepless night was what was in store for Miles Di Angelo.

No matter how many sheep he tried counting, or warm glasses of milk he downed, none of it helped. He would lay on his back, hands placed behind his head, brain swarming with trillions of thoughts, as he stared into the darkness until the dawn of a new day seeped through the windows. It was quite tedious to say the least.

Untangling himself from the blankets that were wrapped around him, the young man slowly sat up from his previous position, his arms stretching upwards, small cracks came from this action. Shifting around, he pushed himself up from his bed and shuffled across the room, sitting himself down at his desk. He debated on whether or not to turn on the lamp that sat close by him, but ultimately decided against it.

For the moon was rather bright that night.

The light that it produced was really quite radiant, Miles was unsure how he hadn't noticed it earlier that evening. It was if it had crept in ever so slowly then all at once, just lit up everything it touched. The glossy hues fell in all different directions. Touching down on his shelf which housed things ranging from school books to miscellaneous nick-nacks, to his bed where he onced resigned. 

Rubbing his eyes, Miles reached to the left of him snapping up his glasses from where they sat placing them upon his face. "Sure is pretty," the boy mumbled after his eyes adjusted to being able to see the world properly once again.  Swiping  a bit of his brown hair away from his forehead he sighed slightly. It was a small quirk of his that he performed often, despite knowing that in just a few short moments they would fall back into the same position.

Soon enough, the young man found himself leaning his face into one hand, while the other tapped a soft beat on the top of the surface.

"Look like it's just you and me moon huh, well then how are you doing tonight?" the boy spoke quietly into the night. After a few short seconds, a humourless chuckle escaped his lips he had to have of been severely exhausted if he was speaking to the moon, what was he, five again? 

"Well I'm doing great, thanks for asking sweaty," Miles said, a sarcastic tone was quite evident as he spoke. "Yep, doing just fantastic loving every single moment of having no clue where my boyfriend is in space it is truly a wonderful thing." Once more a humorless laugh flew into the nightfall.