𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. alone time

𝘈𝘓𝘖𝘕𝘌 𝘛𝘐𝘔𝘌.

" Cause when the sun goes downSomeone's talking back

Someone's talking back. "

His eyes traced over the curvy handwriting that was left on the small piece of paper. In short, he would have the house to himself that evening. It was a common occurrence for him and truthfully Miles savored these small increments of times he had the whole place to himself.

He enjoyed being able to to wander the hallways, walking back and forth talking out loud saying whatever came to mind without fear of those who lived with him giving him quizzical looks. He enjoyed being able to blast the music of his choosing at full volume without being told to lower it. He enjoyed it all.

The young man made himself some popcorn as well as grabbing a cup of water, before retreating into the living room. For the next hour and a half, Miles found himself switching between flicking through countless T.V. channels, random YouTube videos on his phone as well as occasionally considering if he should start a new show on Netflix.  

Eventually though, he found himself once more on YouTube searching through his previously viewed videos. Although it really wasn't so much a search, more like a mere glance as this video had been watched by him countless times.  His thumb gently dragged the timestamp to the point of the video where he wanted to watch and with second tap in order to turn the pause button to play the section of the video began to play.

Lance's clip was short maybe thirty seconds, thirty five at best. He spoke to the camera, a shy smile on his face, his voice filled with love for those he said hello and sent his love to. If wherever Miles was, was quite enough and he closed his eyes it was almost as if Lance was right there. The brunette haired boy had just barley let his eyes flutter shut when an abrupt  knock came from the front door. 

Miles scowled slightly, not even bothering to get up to answer. If no one was here then they would go away right?  Of course that didn't seem to be the case with whomever was on the other side of the entry. The knocking became more rapid as the minutes passed by without an answer on Miles end.

Letting out a very annoyed sigh, the young man got up from his very comfortable spot on the couch as he sluggishly made his way to the front door. "Alright alright, geez I'm on my way, God!" he huffed. He swung open the door in a way that most would call a bit dramatic, but he didn't care, he wanted to make the point come across quite clear that whoever was on the other side had annoyed him greatly with their presence.

"Can I.."

The words he was about to throw into the air simply stopped once he had realized who was standing in front of him. It felt like the world had stopped in that moment that the only two people were them. The cars that drove by on the street were seemed to be silent, the wind that constantly blew through the trees ceased to exist.  It was just them.

"Hey there." Lance Mcclain said finally.