3

BANG BANG BANG BANG

Woke me up startled. I fell off the bed and I looked and saw all the other girls with frying pans in their hands and smiling innocently at me
"I hate you guys so much" I said getting up. They just looked at each other, shrugged then went down stairs. I stretched then checked my phone. 1 new message. OOHH I'm popular.

Birth giver: Be home before 12:30 we have to do something

I looked at the time it was Noon. I quickly grabbed my bag and went to the bath room and changed quickly into black jeans and a red sweater. And ran downstairs.

"Hey guys I have to go. I have to be home by 12:30 and its" I looked at my phone "12:10" I said putting my shoes on.

"Wait Maddie before you go" Connie said pulling me outside after I put my shoes on.

"What is it Connie I have to go!" I said.

"You better stay away from Cameron. I don't care if hes your neighbor but u stay away from him because he is mine and only mine. Because if you don't things are going to change" she said as she walked back inside slamming the door which made me jump. I sighed then started running towards my house. When I close enough to my house I started walking because I had 10 minutes left. I took in all the beauty that was around me. The birds chirping, the slight wind, and not a single cloud in the sky.

"Hey Maddie" a voice brought me to reality. There was Cameron, he was outside playing basketball.

"Hey" I said walking up to him.

"I thought you would have stayed later at your friend's house" he said. I shook my head.

"My mom needed me home because we need to do something" I said.

"Ahh I see. Well after your done doing what we need to do we should play basketball" he said.
'He is mine and only mine. Because if you don't things are going to change' Connie's words kept replaying in my head.

"I'm sorry but no. I don't know what we are doing so I don't know how long it's going to be" I said as a walked away.

"Ok see you" Cameron said sounding sad now. I felt so bad for it. I mean I would want to play with him but I don't want to get in Connie's way. I don't want things to change.

"Mom I'm home" I said opening the door.

"OK" she shouted from the kitchen.

"Why did you want me home so early? What are we doing?" I asked.

"We are throwing a neighborhood get together. So I need your help with cleaning the house" mom said as she put cookies in the oven.

"So the whole street?" I asked.

"Yes. The whole street" she repeated while starting a new batch of cookies.

"Oh okay... where do you want me to start?" I asked.

"Ummm you can start by helping your father with the front yard we are putting lights in the front and everything" she said mixing the batter.

"What about invites?" I asked.

"Those were handed out two days ago?" she said.

"What about the neighbors?"

"OH MY GOODNESS I forgot about that they only moved in yesterday here give them one" she said as she pointed to the kitchen table where there were lots of extras.

"Ok I'll be sure to do that" I said as I grabbed on and ran out side.

"Madison can you please help me with these lights" dad said. I looked at him and saw him struggling. I chuckled.

"Sure just let me give this to the neighbors!" I said as I went next door to see Cameron still playing basketball.

"Hey" he said not looking me.

"I came here to give you this. I know it's sudden but I hope you can come" I said giving it to him then started walking away.

"Thanks" he shouted. I turned around and smiled at him.

"No problem" I said back. It's time for the big stuff helping dad with the lights!

After some time, we finally finished with the lights. "Oh my god it's finally done! Ok you can go take a break Maddie" Dad said patting my shoulder. I nodded and walked inside. The smell of cookies was looming the air. It smelt so good.

"What are you making now?" I asked as I entered the kitchen.

"I'm making fruit trays" mom said trying to perfect everything. This woman has to make every single thing perfect.

"OK I have a big job for you" she said looking up at me.

"what is it?" I asked.

"I need you to clean the house. Like vacuum, dust, mop and all that fun stuff" she smiled.

"UGHH" I groaned and went to go get started.