19 | i'm glad you came

- CRUSH
part nineteen ꙳

- CRUSHpart nineteen  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

when he called, luna had expected it. but it took a couple of seconds for her to answer the phone and even when she did, for some reason she couldn't make herself talk. jake rambled off several things, a few jokes here and there, before actually getting to the topic at hand and still, she said absolutely nothing.

"luna?"

swallowing down her pride,she finally muttered. "yeah, i heard you. they're getting on a flight back today?"

"should be here in like an hour or two." jake confirmed.

"oh god, okay." luna managed to say.

"like i said, you don't have to come."

she shook her head, then remembered he couldn't see her. "no, let me get dressed and i'll head over. send me the address."

he hung up and did exactly that. texting her the list of instructions to get to the house she had seen so many times on each boy's youtube accounts. luna stared at the address for a few seconds before forcing her legs to move towards the small closest where her suitcase was.

after the small fight with lizzie, luna knew she couldn't stay in the same room as her best friend and so she grabbed as much as she could in ten minutes and left, got in her car with nothing but her phone, keys, and bag.

melanie had called her, worried like the latina usually was, ranting about both of them needed to pull their heads out of their asses and stop acting like little five year olds, to which luna replied with the sound of the call ending, not her proudest moment, but still.

getting dressed took her longer then usual as she stared at the clothes she had brought with her and fretted over what to wear. eventually she came to the realization that this wasn't about impressing the older boy, but making sure he knew she was going to be there for him.

and so luna's outfit became more simple, with an old ratty nirvana shirt, she probably had stolen from daniel, and a pair of leggings that were covered in cat hair.

"crap. raven!" luna groaned, finally remembering her tiny kitten.

it took most of her self esteem and ego to send a text to melanie to 'please watch her cat while she dealt with some stuff' but she did it anyways, for raven.