Pet-names

“So, Kitty, do you have a little pet-name for Matt?” I ask after taking a sip of my Dr. Pepper.

I set it on the coffee table in front of me after, next to my phone.

She looks up, from her phone, raising her eyebrows.

“What?” She asks.

“You heard me, do you and Matt have pet-names for each other.” I repeat.

“Yeah, he calls me Sugar and I call him Honey. Basic but whatever.” She shrugs, looking back down to her phone.

“What about your, Snap?” I ask, turning to look at the younger teen on the chair on the opposite side of the room.

“Depends. Mostly just Baby and Sweetie.” She hums, petting Dory who had happily fallen asleep in her lap.

“Your turn, what are yours?” Snap asks.

“Moose and I don't use pet-names.” I say.

Snap and Kitty exchange this knowing look. I cock an eyebrow as Snap looks to me with a mischievous smile.

“Fire, what's a heart associated with?” She changes the subject.

“Love?” I respond, confused.

“Did you need something, babe?” Moose asks, coming in from the kitchen.

I freeze, and Kitty and Snap look at each other in satisfaction.

“Nope.” I sighs, watching him go back into the kitchen before turning to glare at the girls.

“'Moose and I don't use pet-names’ my butt!” Kitty cheers, poking my shoulder.

I swat her arm, causing her to scoot to the far end of the couch before I could hit her again.

“That was a dirty trick.” I huff, crossing my arms as I lean back into the couch.

Snap laughs quietly, careful not the disturb the fat Tuxedo cat on her lap, “you use basic names too!”

I stick my tongue out at her.

snap_girl267 unicornkittywolf29