Break Up

Bighit always gives BTS a break after a concert and since they just performed in Hongkong, today is one of those days where the members can just relax and rest.

Expectedly, Jimin and Taehyung were the last to wake up and when they did, they realized that the dorm was empty. Most likely, the others had plans to spend the day wisely, so they are all out. Good on them.

Jimin craved for a toast and coffee. To his surprise, Taehyung was sitting in front of an untouched cereal and was just staring at it for God knows how long. Tae likes cereal, so for him to barely eat it was unusual.

Jimin tried his best not to look bothered. He opened the fridge looking for the butter to make his toast when he heard Taehyung's baritone voice.

"Do you still have plans of speaking to me?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin thought hard whether he should answer or not. Then he remembered his conversation with Namjoon last night.

Taehyung, getting impatient sartiscally said, "I guess you don't want to talk, yeah? Sure."

Jimin then looked back to the younger to speak. "Actually, there's something that I need to talk to you about."

Taehyung finally felt a slight spark of hope thinking that Jimin would want to finally make up as much as himself wanted to.

"Let's end it Taehyung. Let's break up."

The words hitting like bullets straight to his heart, his brain completely blanked as if things went on slow motion and his strength was draining.

"W-what?!"

"I think this is the best for the both of us." Jimin responded without further elaboration.

Taehyung is still unable to believe what he is hearing. His Jimin never asked to end their relationship regardless of their misunderstandings. This is new to him and he does not know how to process it making him say things that will for sure make him regret later on. A lot of stupid things to be exact.

Taehyung did a humorless laugh "Is it because of Kai? Of course it is because of him!"

"What? No! Taehyung! Kai has nothing to do with this, don't get him involved."

"How can I be blind and not see this coming? I get that he is handsome but you could have at least ended things with me first before hitting on him! Does he fuck you better than I do? Does he?" Taehyung spitting words like dagger towards Jimin.

"For fuck sake Taehyung? It wasn't because of Kai! I can't believe that's how low you think of me!"

"Then say something and make me understand, Jimin! I can't read minds!"

"Okay, sure , really want to know? We've been together for four years, that's four fucking years of me accepting whatever it is that you can give, not asking for anything else. Guess what? I can't count how many times I have been stood up by you, asking to move the dates some other time, forgetting our anniversary, hell even my birthday Taehyung! But I sucked it all up! I was holding onto you desperately that I didn't realize that I am losing so much of myself! Should I also tell you how often I felt insecure because I never did get an assurance from you. Can you even remember when was the last time that you said you love me? Of course you won't. Neither do I."

Jimin paused momentarily, he heard a ringing on his ear and feeling a little bit dizzy. Everything is just too much.

"Did you even want me? Oh. I'm sure you did cause I'm easy. You wanted to fuck, I say yes in an instant— how convenient. It must be nice to use me for comfort."

Taehyung was startled and speechless while looking at Jimin walking out. He didn't even know that these are all the things that his boyfriend has been enduring all this time. He's been so oblivious, what a shame.