Maya

Whenever I'm having a crisis, Elena is the first person I call

Whenever I'm having a crisis, Elena is the first person I call. Elena is my big sister. She's twenty three and she is awesome.

I don't know how many of you can genuinely say you like your siblings but I can.

Elena is my Wonder Woman, my Gordon Ramsey(without all the cursing), my Michelle Obama.
Pretty odd combination, I know but there's no other way to put it... okay maybe there is but I can't think of a better way to put it at this point in time.

Elena is the perfect daughter and the perfect sister and when she was in high school, she was the perfect student. Her legacy leaves on, Straight A student, cheerleader, Olympic swimmer material, student body president...
She was loved by everyone and still is.

Yep, that's my big sister, Elena Stevens.
So what's the problem? You might wonder?
The problem is my perfect overachieving big sister chose the furthest university possible.
Well maybe not the furthest. That's a slight exaggeration on my part.

Elena chose Oxford university in London, five whole hours away. Then when she graduated, she chose to stay there for a while with her new boyfriend and her new friends.

We talk when we can but her busy lifestyle made our conversations go from talking once every day to once every week to once every two weeks to sometimes in a month...

I'm not mad. She has a life too. But the thing is, it sometimes feels like shes forgotten that we are part of her life as well. Me, Eddie, daddy... we're her family, her home.

But anyway, I've survived six years without her and I'm pretty sure I can go longer....

Okay I'm lying, I miss her terribly. I wish she was here so that I could vent to her about all that's been going on.
The last time she was here during Christmas, I told her how in love I was with Daniel.

Oh how things had changed since then. I wanted her here. I wanted to cry in her lap but she wasn't here...

So I called the second person I always called when I'm in a crisis and not even ten minutes later, Cassie was standing at my door holding her two most important weapons, her self care, spa day pack and her bedazzled taser in the other.

"Before I blast at you for not picking up your phone these past two days, let me just give you these two options. In hand number one, I have Cassie's spa day package, and you know I will give you a facial that will leave your face glowing. In my other hand, I have Jewel. (yes, she named the taser) Jewel is fully charged and loaded and ready to tase a few suckers so just say the word, and Daniel and Cindy will get fried."

I blinked at her. "Er... is that the cucumber face mask?" I asked hesitantly.

She beamed as if she didn't just suggest 'frying' two people a second ago.
"You know it."

"Great, let's do that instead."

So ten minutes later Cassie and I are in my room, we're sitting on my bed with our face masks on and our arms and legs stretched out to let our fire engine red nail polish dry. Because apparently, red nail polish is a 'heartbreak' colour.