Myths about us

You know, they were wrong about us.

We never used to hate each other.

We were once amazing together, two young gods that were curious about everything.

We had a chance to be together, to be something more, but Zeus took it away.

We were the perfect team. An inseparable duo who could do anything as long as we were together.

You and I, wisdom and war, offence and defence, yin and yang. We were opposites, but we couldn't care care less.

We had absolutely nothing in common.

You could've chosen Apollo, or basically any other man, but you chose me.

You're perfect.

You're more gorgeous than Aphrodite, brighter than Apollo and braver than all the soldiers in Greece combined.

We were just fooling around, it was just a normal day for us back then. The only thing was, it felt different. We figured out our feelings and we knew that we were meant to be. We loved each other, I loved you and I still do.

We didn't make sense together, but we eventually made it work. Or so I thought. Our love wasn't enough for your father. His hate for me was equivalent to his love for you.

If love really is a battlefield, then I'm as good as dead. There's this saying, "all's fair in love and war."

It's wrong! Love is anything but fair! I'm the god of war, but I've never won. At least not in love.

When you forgot about me, about all of our time spent together, I died on the inside.

At that time I wasn't 'the god that nobody loved', because I had you. You were the only one who truly loved me.

I try to forget about you, but you're my every waking thought.

I haven't been able to sleep since I lost you.

No other woman, not even Aphrodite, can compare to you.

I lost everything when I lost you.

Everytime I see you I have to avoid your gaze, because I know that if I look into those beautiful silvery grey orbs, that I'll never be able to look away.

You're the only source of light in my cruel, dark
world.

My world revolves around you as if you were the
sun.

You're the only one for me. I love you Athena, and
I'll love you for all of eternity.
~Ares