The Heir

Third person
Ares threw the parchment of paper down in rage.
'I shouldn't feel like this. I'm the god of war! I'm
supposed to be better than this.' Ares thought bitterly. Ares almost threw the letter into the fire place. He stopped himself before he let go. He sighed. Instead he hid it in a secret compartment under his weapons rack.
"Ares! Meeting in the council room!" Hermes
yelled.
'Whatever. More time to fight with (and lose to)
Athena.' Ares thought. Ares flashed himself to the Olympian council room. The moment Ares got there Aphrodite was immediately clinging onto him. Zeus cleared his throat. Ares and Aphrodite sat down on their thrones. Hephaestus grumbled.
"I have summoned you all here because it has come
to our attention that some of us are fading," Zeus stated. The Olympians gasped.
"What shall we do Father?" Hephaestus asked.
"I have chosen an heir," Zeus replied. Whispers
could be heard. They echoed throughout the Parthenon.
"Athena, do you accept?" Zeus asked.
"Yes Father. Shall you fade, I will take the throne
and become the next queen of Olympus," Athena vowed.
"That will be all. You are all dismissed," Zeus
replied. Everyone returned to where they were before the meeting. Everyone except Athena.

Little did Ares know that Athena followed him home.
Athena wanted to speak to Ares and Poseidon. She
wanted a truce. She can not let a few arguments cloud her judgment, especially now that she is the heir. Athena looked into Ares's window to see if he was home. What she saw shocked her. He was writing on a scroll of paper and he looked... at peace.

Ares was writing down his feelings in the form of
poetry yet again. He feels as if it was his escape from reality. A way to release his pain. A way to feel content. To forget about his pain, for only in his mind and memories could he be with Athena without suffering.
"A man needs a woman- especially when his life is
a mess. Because a queen takes care of her queen; just like in a game of chess."
'Whoever created this quote must have gone
through so much. For only someone who knows pain can write something like this,' Ares thought. He always poured out his heart (along with his pain) into his letters. Letters that nobody but himself shall ever see. Not even the one he is writing to.

A/n: There I finally updated. As you can see this is no longer a one-shot. Nor is it just poems anymore. I hope you enjoyed it! Dedicated to @JassMinaDj for encouraging me to update. Bye!