Preperations and Flashbacks

The sound of lyres was the first thing that hit his
ears. Ares slowly opened his eyes to feel the light touch his eyes. He gently stretched his arms and let out a yawn.
"Another day without Athena, another day without
joy," Ares muttered. He stood up and removed his blanket. He grabbed his armor from his closet and put it on. Ares left his home and headed towards his chariot. He grabbed the reins and left for the throne room.
Meanwhile, Athena was preparing for the day. She still couldn't believe what had happened the night before. Not only did she end two of the most major rivalries in the history of all rivalries, she also managed to befriend one of them! Poseidon and her spent the night before catching up. She could hardly believe that her two bitterest rivalries have come to an end. Athena pulled up her hair and put on her helmet.
"Lady Athena," Nike addressed. "Lord Zeus has called forth a council meeting."
"I'll be ready soon. Prepare my chariot, will you?" Athena said.
"Of course Milady," Nike said. Nike bowed to Athena before leaving to do as she was asked. Suddenly, a bundle of memories hit Athena like an out of control chariot.
'Athena was tending to Ares.
"You should try to be more careful, my love," Athena said. Ares gave her a smile.
"I know Athena, I know," Ares replied. Athena gently replaced the bandages. Ares grabbed Athena's hand and placed a kiss on her knuckle.
"I cannot wait for the day when we can finally be on the same side without people judging my Queen." He said. Athena smiled.
"Neither can I." She said. Ares nuzzled her neck.'

A/n: sorry that it took so long for me to update this 🙃.