{C01: Headlines}

"WHO ARE YOU?!" I screamed.

Bolting straight out of bed was a bad decision. I winced in pain, headache making me feel like my head is about to crack open. With one hand, I held my forehead, while the other clutched the blanket that I was covering my body with. Ugh! So this is what a hangover feels like. It's worse than what I've read in novels.

I glanced at the guy on the bed. He yawned, scratching his head. As soon as he sees me, he was just as confused as I am. He turned and I finally got a good look of his face—his eyes, his nose, his lips, and his hair. I placed a hand over my mouth. Oh. My. God.

"You're... Aren't you..." Choi Yeonjun from TXT, I wanted to say, but embarrassment got the best of me. I looked down at my body, and thank goodness, I was still dressed. I began to question my state of mind last night. Obviously I wasn't in the right one; otherwise I wouldn't have chosen this attire: a tiny blue silk tank top paired with a black mini skirt. It was pretty decent, but too revealing for my taste. Still, I let go of the blanket.

He got up and I readied myself to a fighting stance. "Don't even think about it!"

Even if he's popular and handsome, I am not letting him near me! I watched him stand up and I'm honestly surprised when he just walked past me without a word. He headed towards the kitchen and opened every cabinet he could find. His lips formed a smile of satisfaction once he found a pack of capsules.

"Take some Advil and water, it'll ease the pain." He said, twisting open a bottle of water with one hand. He popped out a capsule and handed over the medicine and the water to me.

If I was in my proper mental state, I'd tell myself I knew better than to accept drugs from a stranger. But he's Yeonjun, he's basically a celebrity. A lot of people know him, and at the moment, I was absolutely desperate to relieve the throbbing ache. I gulped down the medicine along with the water. I set the empty bottle on the counter.

I wouldn't meet his eyes as I mutter a small "Thank you." Then I followed up another question. "Where am I?"

"You're at my apartment." He grabs a seat in front of me. "I brought you here after you passed out last night— D-Don't worry! I didn't do what you think I did! I couldn't find your friends, and I felt bad leaving you there."

I stayed quiet, the silence enveloped around us, until he spoke up.

"Man, the party was wild." He half-sighed, half-chuckled. My ears perked up at the mention of the party. I could make out a few bits and flashes, but other than the neon lights and taste of alcohol, I got nothing. But he knows. He recalls everything. I finally turned to look at him, where I find him already staring at me. He must've seen the confusion in my eyes or else he wouldn't have asked me.

"You don't remember anything, do?"

Before he even opened his mouth, a flash of memory entered my mind. I just got home from school, and I open the door to find Ji-eun, Saehyo, and Hang-i. They were all dressed in tiny black shorts and skirts and tank tops with plunging necklines. Not even letting me utter a word, they pulled me into my bedroom.

"You're coming with us." Saehyo showed me the outfit I was wearing now, but then it was clipped to a hanger. Ji-eun readied the pre-heated hair straightener and Hang-i sat me down in front of the mirror. In her hands were cosmetics with intimidating shades of red. "We just got invited to the biggest party of the year and you're not going to miss it!"

The skirt hugged tight around my waist and my top was loose on areas that made me feel a bit confident. Ji-eun did my hair and Hang-i swiped on a bit lip tint to my mouth. I didn't know why I allowed them. Maybe it was the thrill or maybe I badly needed a break from all the academics.

I swear, I'm not usually like this. Maybe if they asked me back at school, I would've declined and I would've lectured them about how dangerous late night parties are. But this was it, it's already happening.

Then Yeonjun talked, his words forming images into my brain. We reached the club, and there were already a lot of people inside. The music was blaring into my ears and the lights were in blinding colors. I bumped into so many people, the crowd felt like a pinball machine. I lost the three, or maybe they lost me—but whatever the case, I was lost. Then a hand pulled me out of the dance floor.

It was him, Yeonjun. Back there I couldn't recognize him because of the neon-colored lights going on and off. I looked at him with horrified eyes, pretty much how I looked at him when I woke up this morning, but he just laughs. "Are you okay?"

"You saved me back there," I said, interrupting Yeonjun from his story. He returned a sweet smile and I tilted my head, so my mess of a hair could cover up my blushing face. "But I still don't get how I ended up here."

Yeonjun continued. I recollected with my friends, who were hanging out with his friends too. I sat on a corner, where Yeonjun joins me. Saehyo offers me a drink, a small shot glass filled with light pink liquid. Upon seeing my anxious expression, Yeonjun tells her off. "She doesn't feel comfortable drinking."

I didn't know what I was thinking, but I grabbed the glass and guzzled it up to the last drop. Oh, it tasted terrible! I coughed, thinking the drink burned down my throat. My friends laughed, offering me a tall glass of iced tea. I grab the drink from their grasp.

For the next few minutes, I had another four—no, wait, five— and with the alcohol in my system, the music suddenly feels alive. Hang-i offers me another and I was about to take it, but Yeonjun swats my hand away. He looks at me with a concern. "You've had enough."

"Don't be so sour." I giggled. My voice sounded sleepy and my eyes were about to close any moment. I needed something to wake me up. I grab his hand. "Let's dance!"

"Wooh! That's the spirit, Hyeri!"

"You go, girl!"

"UGH! That was so embarrassing!" I buried my face into the palm of my hands, blocking Yeonjun's face out of my sight. But the memory played back, burning what was left of my dignity into ashes. Ugh, it was sickening—how I danced, how I laughed like I didn't care about the whole world! Everyone was looking at me, even Yeonjun. My face was steaming hot behind my palms. I defended myself. "I'm not who you think I am."

"Hyeri, is that your name?" He asked.

"You're right. I'm Jang Hyeri." I answered. Then I turned to the clock mounted to the wall. The numbers didn't float around anymore, that means the medicine had taken effect.

Oh, no.

It's a Saturday and 5:32 AM.

Shoot, my parents are visiting and if they find my apartment empty and I walk in looking like this... I'm dead. "I'm Jang Hyeri, and it's about to be written on my gravestone if I don't get home right now."

"No, wait—"

I grabbed my purse and my heels. I looked at my shoes with distaste. How did I manage to walk in these— dance even? Shoving the thought to the back of my mind, I headed towards the door. I could hear Yeonjun stopping me, but his protests were drowned out by my thoughts. I opened the door.

A gasp left my lips the moment it swings open. A beam of light blinded me for about a second. Then I realized, it was the flash of a camera. A camera being held by a male reporter. I glanced at the screen of his device. My face was blurred by the motion and Yeonjun could be seen running after me. Wait a minute, reporter?!

Yeonjun pulled me back and shut the door close, locking it back in place. "You weren't listening to me."

I slumped down to the floor and hugged my knees, my back pressed on to the flatness of the door. Yeonjun slid beside me and my face meets the palms of my hands once more. I felt the weight of his large hand on my shoulder. I heaved a sigh. "He has my photo."

"And soon enough you'll have headlines." He snorted, a lazy attempt at lightening the atmosphere. I tear my face away from my hands and turn to him. My eyes furrowed to a glare and Yeonjun beamed a lopsided smile. He added. "Sorry, not helping."

I let my knees drop in front of me. I toss my head back, hitting the door with a small thump. "What am I gonna do?"