Chapter Ten (Misunderstanding)

Freddy watched Bonnie from the Main Hall. He was sat on the chair in the office. The next night shift had just passed, but Bonnie was still mad at Freddy, for some reason. He still had no idea what he could've done to upset him.

Bonnie looked up, to meet Freddy's eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows, turning his chair away. Freddy sighed, shuffling back into the Parts/Service Room.

"Ahoy, lad," Foxy greeted him.

"I thought you and Chica were out there with the Toy's." Freddy raised an eyebrow.

"That employee's car is parked out front," Chica replied.

Bonnie walked into the room, and Freddy jumped. He backed up to give him some room. He glanced back to the rest, who gave him concerned looks, then back to Bonnie. Bonnie looked down, walking around the corner, out of sight of the others.

"Bonnie?" Freddy called out.

"The employee's here. We need to be quiet," Bonnie replied bitterly.

‏‏‎
"Do you guys want to come out with us?" Chica wondered.

"Sure. Bonnie?" Freddy looked around the corner at him.

"No," Bonnie replied monotonously.

Freddy looked back to the rest and whispered, "You guys go on. I'll see if I can talk to him."

"All right." Chica nodded.

Chica and Foxy left and closed the door, leaving the other two in silence. Freddy tapped his fingers on his microphone nervously. He poked his head around the corner to look at Bonnie. Bonnie kept his head down. He quickly glanced up at Freddy, before looking back down.

Freddy shuffled over to stand in front of him. ". . . Hey."

"Hi." Bonnie's stare remained at his feet.

". . . How are you?" Freddy stratched his head nervously.

"I'm fine," Bonnie muttered.

"Good. That's good." Freddy nodded, clearing his throat.

Bonnie stood up. "I'm gonna sit in the office for a while."

"Wait, why don't you come out there with me and the rest?" Freddy stopped him.

"Yeah, I don't think so," Bonnie sneered.

"Oh, come on, Bonnie! What did I do to you? Why are you mad at me?" Freddy objected.

"I'm not mad at you," Bonnie replied.

"Something's wrong! I'm sorry for whatever I did!" Freddy blurted.

"You didn't do anything," Bonnie said.

"If it's something Toy Bonnie did, he didn't mean to do it to hurt you," Freddy explained.

"Of course you would defend him. He's the one with the face." Bonnie huffed.

"What are you talking about?" Freddy raised an eyebrow.

"I overheard yours and Toy Bonnie's conversation. About the whole no face thing. About how you couldn't handle it."

"What are you- . . . Oh. No! You didn't hear the whole conversation!"

"I didn't need to. I get it, though. It's no wonder you'd pick Toy Bonnie over me. He has my face. I'm a freak."

"You're talking nonsense!"

"But I'm not. I don't have a face."

"You don't need a face!"

"Just leave me alone! Go to the one with the face!" Bonnie insisted.

"I don't want to!" Freddy snapped.

"Why not?" Bonnie growled.

"Because I didn't fall in love with the one with the face!" Freddy barked.

It went silent. When Freddy realized what he had said, his eyes widened. He opened his mouth to say something, but he didn't know what it could be.

"What?" Bonnie questioned.

"Wha- I- Uhhhh . . ."

"Argh, ye lads still in here?" Foxy walked in the room.

"Foxy? Chica? What are you guys doing? I thought you were going to hang out with the Toy's?" Freddy stammered.

"We were, but I think something might be wrong with them," Chica said.

"Well, yeah. Something's been wrong with them this whole time; why're you guys just now questioning it?"

"That ain't what we meant, Bonnie," Foxy huffed.

"They seemed kind of aggressive," Chica told him.

"Why?" Bonnie wondered.

"We dunno why." Foxy shrugged.

"Are you guys . . . okay?" Chica hesitantly asked.

"I-I'm not sure," Freddy stuttered.

"Me neither," Bonnie added.

"What about with each other?" Chica tilted her head.

"I'm not sure on that, either." Freddy glanced at Bonnie nervously.

"I guess," he muttered.

Chica slowly nodded, leaning against the wall and sitting down. Foxy walked to the wall opposite of the door and did the same. Bonnie sat down on the other side of the wall. Freddy was about to leave, when Bonnie patted the spot next to him.

"Are- . . . Are you sure?" Freddy gulped.

Bonnie simply nodded. Freddy nodded back, walking over to sit next to him. Foxy and Chica talked to each other, keeping the silence from engulfing Freddy and Bonnie.

"Freddy?" Bonnie mumbled.

"Yeah?" Freddy looked over.

"Why did you say those things if-" Bonnie stopped himself.

"You didn't hear the whole conversation. I started talking to him, to tell him that I didn't like how he was treating you. I told him about how you weren't as patient as you used to be, and that his nickname 'No Face' was making you upset, and I didn't like. He had told me he was just messing around with us, which is why I told you that he didn't mean to hurt you," Freddy explained.

". . . Oh. I probably shouldn't have eavesdropped, or I should have kept listenting," Bonnie muttered.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have eavesdropped," Freddy nagged, raising an eyebrow.

"Ugh, what I did was so cliché," Bonnie groaned, and Freddy chuckled.