[2] Ivypool

It was a quarter of moon since the gathering. None of the other warriors even wanted to look at her.

Bramblestar had come back from the second meeting. Now she knew how she would be executed.

"I'm sorry. I tried my best to argue against this but it's been decided." Her leader's words rang in her ears. "

Ivypool paced the clearing. Her burning anger boiled in her stomach, still intense as when she heard the news of her execution as she whipped her chin up to face Lionblaze who guarded the entrance of the leader's den as the dark brown tabby was inside discussing matters with his deputy and medicine cats.

"Why won't you help us!" The molly begged. "Stand up for us! Please!"

The magnificent golden tabby shook his head. "I won't help you. Leader's word is law. I don't want to disobey Bramblestar."

"Please! You know I risked my life spying on the Dark Forest!" Ivypool's white and grey tabby tail flicked from side to side in distress.

"I can't help you." Lionblaze repeated sternly.

"What about Hollyleaf?" Ivypool's desperation transformed into sudden anger. "She died saving me. If I die then she would of died for nothing!"

Lionblaze's amber eyes flashed with suprise before narrowing into slits. "My sister died serving her clan." he rumbled before storming off.

Ivypool was about to follow her before she felt a tail on her shoulder. The she-cat snapped her head to the side to see Birchfall "There's no point quallering." her father sighed. "Other cats are watching us, Ivypool. Let's go."

"Alright Birchfall. I'll go back to the 'traitors den'." Ivypool taised her voice which was laced with sarcasm.

Giving Lionblaze a final scowl the feline stalked away, long tail lashing. Birchfall trailed after her.

"You really shouldn't be acting like this." The pale brown tabby mumbled quietly.

"Why shouldn't I?" Ivypool retorted. "We chose our clans against the Dark Forest and now we're going to get executed!"

Across the camp Ivypool could see her and her father's den, it was a small curve in the stone walls of the camp. Mousewhisker was napping in the shade while Blossomfall was staring longingly at the exit of the camp as a small hunting party departed through the brambles. Perhaps she wanted to hunt too, or escape the clan.

That didn't matter. Ivypool felt her mood brighten slightly and her heart thump loudly in her chest upon seeing the tortoiseshell she-cat. The silver and white molly sat down beside her friend.

"I wish we could hunt!" Blossomfall complained. "All we're allowed to do is stay in camp but no one wants to talk with us! I tried chatting with Mousewhisker but now he's asleep!" She flicked her tail in annoyance at sleeping grey and white tom.

Ivypool nodded. "The sound of the birds is so tempting!" She agreed, giving up trying to ignore the birdsong that echoed around camp. "Have you tried talking to Bumblestripe, Briarlight, Millie or Greystripe today?"

"No." Blossomfall's voice was miserable. "I've talked to Briarlight a few times in the last few days but Millie is too busy fussing over her. Greystripe's on patrols as if none of this happened and Bumblestripe is mooning over Dovewing as usaul."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Ivypool's blue eyes were round in sympathy. "I've managed to talk with Whitewing... and Birchfall of course but Dovewing is disapearing out of camp again."

Ivypool knew that her sister was sneaking out of camp to visit Tigerheart. Was the dark brown tabby also confined to the walls of his own camp?

Suddenly Blossomfall looked irritated and lashed her tail violently.

Ivypool flinched back in shock. "Did I upset you?" the molly asked, worried that mentioning that some of her family had shared-togunes with her unlike the tortoiseshell had set her friend off.

"No, Ivypool." Blossomfall clenched her teeth in frustration. "It's just killing or attacking your own clanmates is against the warrior code which our clanmates claim we did. Which is true but if they kill us they'll be as bad as the Dark Forest who attacked innocent cats, we may not be innocent but we deserve a second chance. Not even StarClan will aid us"

The tortoiseshell got to her paws. "I'm sorry Ivypool. I just need to stretch my legs and walk around camp. I'm feeling stressed and hopeless."

Ivypool lay down, her head on her paws as she watched her friend as padded around the bramble dens.

Suddenly Dovewing walked into the camp through the dirtplace tunnel. The fluffy grey molly turned her head in her sistet's direction. Dovewing's green eyes seemed to shine with stars. The she-cat mouthed something.

What?

Relization hit Ivypool like a blow to the head.

"I will help you. Meet me behind the elder's den this moonhigh."