Chapter 2

3rd pov
It was the day of the sports festival and all were hyped up for how this years event  would go! Though there are some that were hesitant on what today might bring.
1st POV
As I walked down the street to UA I saw a flash of blue come towards me "good morning y/n!" It was Nejire, she jumped towards me and gave me a bear hug "hi Nejire are you excited for today?" I asked her putting on a smile "omg yes! what about you?!" She said with a huge smile while me and her walked into the school. " I guess Im not sure I just know that I'm gonna have to face Mirio today and that is something I'm not looking forward to" I told her looking down at my feet. "Well I'm sure every will be fine you big worry wart!" She said patting my back.
"Hey!" I said slightly taken back at the name she called me.
All the students started to change into their track suit and go ready for the festival. Second years just finished so now there was a 30 minute break before us third years went up. "Alright class start heading to the waiting room and wait for your guys name to get called!" Our teacher told the class. When we were in the waiting room me and Nejire talked to each other but for some reason Mirio and amajiki weren't here yet. "Hey where are they?" I ask Nejire she looked around and shrugged "maybe they are running late" she said but right then someone opened the door. "Up y/n can I speak with you?" A familiar voice called me from across the small room. "Yes..." I looked behind me to see Mirio "m..mirio.." I breathed out a little worried.
I got up and walked out the door with him. "Follow me" is all he said and I did what he asked . He led me down one of the long hallways that led to the outside. No one was here "Mirio what ar-" he cut me off. He grabbed me by the hands and looked at me dead in the eyes "what did I do wrong?" Is what he asked. I was taken back "I- I- don't know what you mean" I told him a little scared "why won't you talk to me anymore did I do something?!" His voice rose scaring me a little more. He noticed this and calmed down. His grip on my hand loosened too.
*sigh*
"Y/n listen to me"
"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now but I..."
"I like you"
"A-And not as a friend as something more"
He spoke in such a soft voice, in a way I have never heard before "y-you like me?" I was taken back. He nodded I didn't know what to do in that moment so I started to cry "Mirio..." I said through my tears "oh y/n please don't cry!" He said worried as he pulled me closer grabbing my cheeks. "What's wrong?" He started to wipe my tears with his thumb. I smiled at him I wasn't crying cause I was sad I was crying cause I was happy "thank you Mirio" I said "for what?" he let go of my cheeks but still kept me close "for liking me...because I like you too" I told him this caused him to shine bright, brighter than the sun. "I'm glad..." he said pulling me as close as possible. Our faces inches away from each other "Mirio..." I breathed out as I felt his breath on my lips "yes y/n?" He asked almost in a whisper. "Please kiss me" with that our lips touched. The kiss was short and sweet.
*sniff*
We both pulled away to the sniffles "I'm so proud!" Nejire said crying with amajiki following behind "guys!" Me and Mirio said in unison. They both chuckled and with that we were called up for the last part of the sports festival.
Unlike the other grade levels we had different events. As every other year midnight came to the stage. "Alright now for our last part of this event I welcome the third years of UA!" She cheered making the audience go wild. "These students are our future of new and up coming hero's so let see what they've got but before we begin the fantastic 4 of this school has something to say!" The crowd cheers as the 4 of us walk up "I really don't wanna speak.." amajiki whispers next to me "you'll be fine" I told him.
When we got up Mirio spoke first "hello everyone I am Mirio Togata the top student in this school, now I'm not saying that to brag I am saying It because I am proud of my accomplishments! I was dead last in all events,I couldn't control my quirk properly, but..., with hard work and training I came to the top!" He then looks back at me "and with important people by my side I know I could do anything and everything to protect them."
He then step away from the stage and the rest of us followed "Alright thank you!" Midnight said walking back on stage.
"Now it's time for our first event!" She announced "the students will have to run the course but with a partner on their back, every time they come across a new optical they switch spots!" She said "that's pretty intense" a student said among the crowd. "Now third years pick a partner and line up towards the entrance!" I immediately looked at Nejire and she looked back. "Partners?" I said and she gave a smile and nodded "we are gonna do great!" She said "hey guys!" Mirio said coming over with amajiki. "So the regular partners?" He said and we giggled and nodded "well good luck to you too!" He said but before he could leave he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and ran off with amajiki leaving me a blushing mess. I touched my cheek and smiled. "Wow only 10 minutes into your first relationship and you two are already all over each other!" Nejire jokes. I giggle "be quite Nejire!" I told her as we walked up to the starting point. When we got up there the two of us made a plan to let me carry her first then her carry me. "You ready?" I ask Nejire she nodded and smiled.