45

"What are you thinking about, love?" Tobias asks. I've been lying in his arms since my bladder woke me nearly an hour ago. He's slowly grazing his fingertips up and down my bare upper arm.

"Oh, just something Christina said to me yesterday," I say with a sigh.

"What's that?" he asks.

"That Will was complaining about sex becoming complacent."

"He said almost the same thing to us first thing yesterday morning," he says, his fingers coming to a stop. "What about it?"

"Has our lovemaking ever gotten stale or boring for you?" I softly ask, although I'm not sure I want to know if his answer is yes. I tilt my head back and look at him.

"Stale or boring?" He shakes his head. "I'll admit it has gotten a bit ... routine at times but it's never once been boring or stale. I could make love to you in this bed, lights out, missionary style every night for the rest of our lives and I'd be content but I love playing our little games. I like changing things up once in a while. I like not knowing what's coming next." His blissful smile suddenly falls. "Have you ever felt that things have been stale or boring?"

"I was going to say sometimes we fall into a rut," I say. "It's easy to put us on the back burner with a faction to run and three kids to raise."

"You're right about that," he says. "Unfortunately, I think it happens to all relationships at one time or another."

"I don't want to become a statistic, Tobias?"

"That will never happen to us, Tris," he says. "Firstly, we love each other entirely too much."

"Too much, huh?"

"I'm crazy about you," he says. "You know that."

"I know," I say.

"And secondly, we would never allow ourselves to become a statistic. We both like sex."

"Is that right?"

"Damn straight," he says. "If I didn't have to do trivial things like eat or work or wear clothes I would spend all my time naked with you in this bed ... or in the shower ... or on the kitchen counters."

"I get it. I get it," I say with a giggle. "You are very horny man."

"I take exception to that," he soberly says. "No other woman has ever aroused me, ever. So, I wouldn't classify myself as a horny man. A horny husband, maybe." I laugh again after realizing he wasn't being serious.

"I enjoyed myself last night," I say.

"I did too, love," he says, his voice suddenly gruff and gravely with desire. "I love you."

"I love you," I say. "How about we enjoy each other again right now?"

"Tris, love," he growls. "The kids will be up soon." I glance at the clock.

"We have time, Tobias." I slide my hand down his body and wrap my fist around his burgeoning erection. "I want you. I know you want me, too. Last night we took things nice and slow ... twice. This morning we can have a quickie. I'll show you a good time, Mr. Eaton." Hesitation and desire mingle on his face. "Don't make me beg," I pout.