Chapter 9: Complicated

A/N:

Hey.

Yoooooooo! Writing this chapter made me cry. Bringing back certain characters made me catch some feelings. No lie.

Enjoy.

.

.

Modern Period of The Walking Dead Game

High School AU

.

.

"Sorry, guys. Ava sleeping over at her girlfriend's place. Have you tried calling her?" Omid's lips squeezed into a thin line. Clementine and AJ glanced at each other for a second then turned back to Ava's father.

"Uh. It's fine. Anyway, Kenny having a fish fry later." Clem mentioned. Omid smiled. Placing his hands on his hips.

"Seriously! I'll be there. Love seeing everyone come out to eat." He said. AJ and Clem waved at him as they got into the SUV.

AJ looked at Clem. He could tell she was worried about her best friend. But she kept a solid composure. The car took off on the road.

"Hey Clem. Ava's okay?" He asked.

"Definitely. What makes you say that?" She yielded the car before making a right turn. AJ shifted on his seat, leaning back as he played a game on his phone.

"Well, she hasn't been too happy lately. When we went to celebrate, she casually stared at her phone and...She looked ...desperate?" AJ explained. Clem's brows furrowed. She had been noticing Ava's weird behaviors too.

"I can't lie. She is acting funny."

"Did you tell her?"

"No. We recently went to a party and Ava was fine. She was...energic Ava." She told the boy. AJ sighed. He glanced up and noticed certain guys coming out a store.

"Clem! Look!" She spotted two familiar teens. She pulled up to them as they were carrying heavy cases of bottles and soda. Clem parked the car next to Duck's.

Gabriel and Duck noticed Clem's father SUV.

"Did ya came to rescue us?" Duck smirked. Clem scoffed.

"No. I just wanted to say hi before meeting at your place." AJ said. He got out the car and helped the guys with the heavy stuff. Clem jumped out, helping them with the bag of ice.

"Thanks guys." Duck thanked them.

"Ava not coming?" Gabriel asked.

"No. She's busy with Sophie." Clementine murmured. Duck smirked.

"Someone's jealous." He teased. Clem flipped him off.

"Shut the hell up. I'm not gay." Clem slapped the back of the cackling teen. AJ cocked his head to the side.

"You're gay!?"

"Oh no. No! I'm not!"

"I can totally see a lesbian Clem." Gabriel licked his lips. He stopped her hand from contacting his amused face.

"Eat ass. Dicks." She yelled at Duck and Gabe.

"You guys are embarrassing." AJ covered his face as he went back inside the vehicle. Avoiding his cousin's friends.

.

.

"What do you want now?" The auburn-haired teen complained. Her legs dangled on the edge of the bed as she squeezed her head through her shirt. The blonde male beside her, arms clung around her waist. He buried light kisses over her shoulders to the crook of her neck. Her lashes fluttered as she was moved by his sweet touch.