Fantasy Football Part 25

As they head downstairs they can hear murmuring but as they get closer it is actually a screaming match between Tyler and Abby.

"Why don't you want to discuss this Tyler, is this because you're afraid? I'm scared too but I want us to talk about it, it's what couples do, they talk it out!" Abby is on the brink of tears and Tyler is pacing in front of her.

"I'm terrified Abs, my life wasn't perfect and I don't want to end up like him, a terrible parent...you wanted to know why, there's your answer. I don't want to be like my father, I don't want to be a failure."

The argument was so loud that everyone was now in the living room, Amaiya standing next to Abby as she stared at Tyler trying her best not to cry. There was tension as Tyler actually let his tears fall, Chris by his side but staring intently at his wife, he knew how affected she gets with her friend's issues.

"Is...is that what you think, Ty. You will be like your father? Sweetheart, you are kind and compassionate and you love me like I'm the only person in the world. You could never be so cruel and heartless, you are nothing like him. I don't know what I can say to make you believe how great a man you've become, I can only tell you how much I truly truly love you. I do...Tyler, I love you." Abby holds her hand out to him and he takes it, pulling her into an emotional hug.

He puts his hands on her face. "Thank you, baby, what scared me most was that you would think that as well, you matter to me the most, you are my life. I can't wait to start a family with you I know you'll be beside me as we learn how to be parents."

Abby looks to Amaiya who whispers 'tell him' and nudges her shoulder.

Amaiya pulls Chris and they stand next to them.

"Tell me what?" Tyler looks confused as the faces of all the girls are lit up in excitement.

Abby places his hands on her stomach and smiles. "Surprise..."

He looks down and then he looks at her before he looks at their hands intertwined together caressing her stomach.

Finally it clicks, "Abby...."

She smiles and nods to confirm. "Yes, we're pregnant. Are you happy?"

He instantly picks her up and spins her with the widest smile on his face.

"Oh my god, baby, I'm more than happy! You've made me the happiest man in the world, we're going to have a baby!" He kisses her as he lets her down and her feet finally touch the floor. "I love you Abby...so much..."

They whisper sweet nothings to each other as everyone disperses and wait outside in the limo.

As they head out Chris squeezes her hand. "So that was the big deal?"

"Yeah, she was scared he didn't want a family at all but they just needed to talk it out. Now the mommy club is a party of two, finally!"

He pulls her up and they stand close to each other, he gazes fondly into her eyes.

"I love you, my sunshine, I would be nothing without you. Let's go meet our awardees." She nods and helps her into the limo. Abby and Tyler finally enter the limo and they head to the venue.

The outside façade looked like a A-list celebrity style venue complete with spotlights and red carpet, the media flanked both sides of the red carpet.

The limo pulls right up to the carpet and everyone files out until Chris shuts the door.

"What are you up to?"

He smiles and inches closer to her. "Absolutely nothing...I want us to make an entrance and besides I can't resist with you looking like, what did you say, Jessica Rabbit. Well, baby, she's got absolutely nothing on you. You better believe I am going to enjoy teasing you all night." He leans in for several kisses before there is a tap on the window. Chris huffs loudly as she laughs.

"Come on, my love, let's celebrate the start of a great foundation."

Chris steps out and holds his hand out to assist her in getting out. She thanks him as the cameras flash. They walk down to the designated interview area, giving the media a few moments of their time before heading inside.

Once inside the setup takes her breath away.

"Mrs. Powell..." Their event planner Samantha spoke, "I hope we met your expectations and I apologize profusely for the flower fiasco."

Amaiya takes her hand. "Samantha, the team did a wonderful job and I apologize for my harshness, this is my first gala and I let the stress get to me. I promise in our future business ventures I won't be as harsh."

Samantha's eyes widen. "You would do business with us again?"

She nods. "Of course, look at this place it's magnificent and I know you'll always do a stellar job. You will have an annual contract for you to host our gala on your desk by Monday."

Suddenly she's grabbed into a tight hug by Samantha as she squeals in delight. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I was just so happy! Thank you so much you will not regret it!" She walks away talking to the wait staff.

He pulls her close. "You're amazing. Are you ready to meet some of our recipients?"

She simply nods as they walk out to the center of the venue, the applause is deafening. The crowd dies down and they sit at their seats.

"Good evening and welcome to the inaugural gala for our charity campaign: Ready, Set, Go! We are blessed to have each and every one of you here tonight. My wife and I began this campaign in hopes of helping every child with their education no matter what and there's a story behind that..." He turns to her, kissing her cheek.

"Yes, as my husband said this is near and dear to my heart because I was almost one of those kids who would have had to drop out because I couldn't afford to go but my Professor was able to get me a work-study program and I was able to stay and be with the one person who believed in me the most and now we both have our degrees and we went after our passions and we want that for each and every one of you who are here. You can be whatever you want and through this program we are happy to say, you've taken the first step. Congratulations to you all, we couldn't be prouder. Thank you."

They take their place at the front table with their friends as the food is brought out to everyone. Chris refuses to let go of his beautiful wife's hand until she pleads with him that she needs it to eat.

"You should have sat on my non-dominant side." She smiles and kisses him one more time before they eat.

After the dinner, it was time to award the winners to the scholarships.

Each awardee who could attend made their way up to the stage, said their thanks, and went back to their table. Amaiya was overwhelmed by the bright eyes and smiles of every one of them. She couldn't have been happier. The DJ begins to play music more suited for the younger generation as Amaiya talks to the parents and other attendees.

Half of Chris' team was able to make it including his old coach.

"Amaiya, Chris! This is an amazing event and an amazing cause. We miss this guy but for the greater good, right?!"

He kisses her on the cheek and pulls Chris in for a hug.

"Yes, we're so glad that you guys could make it and congrats on another championship season! You guys deserve to get some much need relaxation but I am so grateful you guys are here with us."

The team gathers behind Coach and he smiles, "Not only are we here just for support but we got everyone to put in a donation and we are here to present a check for $250,000. What you guys are doing is commendable and we want to be there to support our old star quarterback."

Chris laughs "Old? Hey, this old man got you three championships! But for real, thank you guys tremendously for this. This will boost the number of awardees next year and we thank you guys, really."

Amaiya is wiping the tears from her face, she is speechless. She hugs each and every player in attendance, showing her thanks. The photographer comes by and takes a picture to use for the social media site and the memory book.