Does he know//Alec Lightwood

“(Y/N), are you okay? You seem a little pale.” A voice broke the unnerving silence that was surrounding you the comfort of your shared room with Alec. Looking at the door you notice Izzy stood, watching you warily.

Giving a small smile, you ushered her in with a faint move of your head. “Izzy, I-I don’t… I’m-” You stuttered over the words before she placed a comforting hand over yours. “(Y/N/N), what’s up?” Her face now portraying a small amount of fear but very distinct sights of worry.

You stood up and walked to your bedside cabinet and took it out, handing it over to Izzy, whose face now broke out into a grand grin as a slight squeal left her mouth whist she wrapped her arms around you. “Your pregnant?! Bless the Angel, I’m so happy for you guys!” She yelled before looking at your distraught face and asked, “Does he know about the baby?” Upon not receiving any answer, she accidentally yelled out. “He doesn’t know?!” Rushing to throw a hand over her mouth, you sighed. “Shh, I haven’t told him yet. Iz, I don’t know how he’ll react. He’s the head of the Institute, for crying out loud.” You cried, displaying all your worries out to Isabelle. “It’s fine, we’ll go to the doctors and this will be our secret.” She said, wrapping her arms around you again just as Alec had strolled into the room. “What’s the secret?” He spoke as he walked over to the wardrobe to pick out a different shirt and trousers as he had just returned from a mission with Jace.

“None of your business, brother. It’s girl stuff.” Izzy interjected before you could open your mouth, slowing moving the pregnancy stick up your sleeve, away from Alec’s line of vision. “Okay, okay. Whatever, keep your secrets, I’m going to shower this dirt off.” He said, placing a kiss on your lips quickly before slipping into the bathroom. Once you heard the water running, you began to move to the bedside drawer again before turning back to Izzy. “Izzy, please don’t say anything to anyone. I’m working out a way to tell Alec, just… Please, say nothing.”

Sighing, she nods and stands up about to walk to the door. “But if you’re nauseous or anything, I’m telling him.” She points a manicured finger at you. Nodding, you watched her walk out before thinking about the perfect way to tell Alec about the baby.

Hours later and you had just finished practise with Clary and Izzy. It was clear that Izzy was going easy on you but you were glad it seemed Clary didn’t know why. “(Y/N)… Are you okay?” Clary asks as you all began walking out of the training room with your towels and weapons. “Yeah, just a cold. Nothing major.” You breathed, taking a sip of your water to suppress the overwhelming feeling of sickness. “I’m not going to be sympathetic until you go to a doctor. I’ve noticed you’re looking a little paler the past few days, get it checked out.” She said as whe rushed off to meet Jace as he walked past. You and Izzy walked to her room and you plopped down on the bed as another spell of nausea passed through your body. “Bathroom, now.” Izzy directs as you held a hand over your mouth to stop yourself from hurling in the middle of the room. “You need to tell him, he’ll find out soon enough. Better from you than a surprise labour.” She reasoned. “I’ll tell him later today, I promise.” You say and stalk off back to the archives room to see if there were any other missions for today.

Unfortunately for you, you hadn’t been able to reach it before you collapsed in the middle of the corridor where a few of the Shadowhunters coming back from a mission had seen it and rushed over to you. Looking up, you saw a blurry face yelling to another. “Go get Alec, I’ll take her to the infirmary!” As you had been picked up, your eyes began to flutter until they finally closed. 2 hours passed before you woke up again and a disheveled ALEC was beside your bed who had just finished speaking to Brother Enoch. When he heard your soft groan, he turned and gave a weak smile. “Hey.” You whispered, looking as he crossed the room to reach your bed. “Hey. You gave us quite a scare.” He began, placing his hands on yours. “What did Brother Enoch say?” You quipped, shuffling further up in the bed. “Did you know we’re going to be having a baby?” He quizzed, a knowing tone lacing his barely audible voice as he remained still, watching your face carefully.

“Alec I-” But as quickly as you started speaking, so did he. “I’m guessing you did because Izzy came in asking if the baby was okay.” Still, no increase in his voice although the tone was very sharp. “Alec, I was coming to tell you b-but I just didn’t know how you’d react.” You rambled, “I mean you’re Head of the Institute for crying out loud. That’s enough stress and pressure without a baby included. I just didn’t wan-” He cut your rambling with a gentle kiss, silencing you and letting you know that he wasn’t going to be anywhere but by your side.

“I love you and that’s all that matters, okay? I’m not going anywhere.” He said as he pulled away from the kiss, leaning your foreheads together. Feeling you nod, he smiled faintly before standing up straight and looking over to the door. “You can come in now Isabelle.” He shouted, letting her know she’d been made.