#2 A troubled present

" Hey guys, I am (y/n), nice to meet you" - you wave gently and nervously. "How do you have half a heart?" Ed rapidly asks ignoring your introduction as you look kind of annoyed by him, but decide to respond. 

"I don't know how this all happened but I was studying about Alchemy for a company that I worked in. I was performing everything according to the books and everything, but I guess I did not read the fine prints." -You say lowering your head as the wind hit the windows of the hospital room. 

"Alchemy? You did human transmutation?" Edward asks while you look up at the sky outside "I don't know what to call it, however, the goal was kind of the same. We had a sick patient and he was on the verge of dying. I have spent 10 years of my life learning and studying about Alchemy, and I thought I had all the knowledge in the world. I thought if I saved that patient I would be able to save more to come." -You say looking at Ed.

"Where are you from?" -he asks "(Favorite place on earth)" - you say as Ed and Al turn at each other. "You are from another earth... But, I thought Alchemy was only for our earth...How is this possible?" -Al asks while Ed thinks for a minute as you look confused at both of them. "Makes sense... We know we are not the only ones in this universe, and Alchemy is pretty ancient, it is that some planets have not figured it out completely or at all." -Ed says and gives you a very intense look  "How do you perform Alchemy on your earth?... Actually no, do not answer. We do not need to know everything about Alchemy. It would collide our worlds really badly." Ed says while you hear footsteps approaching, getting louder and louder as the door opens up. A tall man with a  blue uniform walks in accompanied by a woman with blonde hair.

"Colonel?" Ed asks while Roy Mustang looks at you "Hello there (Y/N), I am colonel Roy Mustang and this is my lieutenant Riza Hawkeye, cool now get dressed, we have to go somewhere." Roy requests as the lieutenant sighs. Ed steps in "Colonel... What are you going to do to her?" -he asks while Roy looks at you with a certain look that he has a plan "The Fuhrer wants her to join him for a tea. He is interested in asking her questions." Ed and Al gasp, when Ed nervously interferes "Colonel... You know we should not..." Ed gets interrupted by Roy walking toward you, as you shiver to how powerful he looked and how determined he looked. "Miss, you are going to see King Bradley associated by Edward Elric." With that Ed realizes the plan and nods while Riza hands you a pair of new clothes. 

"Here's the plan... You are going to go talk to the Fuhrer, however, you are not to speak where you are from or what you know about our world or alchemy. You are just an ordinary human caught up on all this mess. King Bradley is only asking to talk to you because of the fact that you randomly popped up on Amestris. He does not have a lot of information about you which gives us the chance to modify your background story. Make sure to not reveal anything true about you, and keep the same facial expression at all times. Any sort of emotion will give your cover away. There are state issues going on that you should not be concerned. At the same time try to escape from our world. Staying on foreign worlds can cause harm on your physical body and get you involved in unnecessary trouble" -Roy states with a firm voice as you listen carefully and nod. "Understood!!" -you say chuckling, grabbing on to your bed sheet tight as Ed notices the stress you are experiencing. With that Roy leaves the room with Riza and Edward. 

You and Al are left alone as you wander around with your eyes trying to gather the courage to ask questions. "So Al, how...much did Ed see of me...?" you ask blushing as Al looks aside chuckling. "Um...not..a lot...I am not sure, but my brother is not a perv or.." Al stumbles to say as you smile "I know" you reply as Ed walks in.