Ch 11

~Michelles POV 

2 days have passed and hayes and i have been doing pretty good so far. We both got jobs like, holding signs and stuff...considering we're only 14. 

We've been staying at a small 1 bedroom Motel and All our meals have been from the 99 cent store...

but hey, at least we're together right?.

i looked over at hayes who was looking out the small window 

"why dont we go out today?" i asked

"sure, where?" he replied

"doesnt matter" i smiled 

hayes smiled back and we headed out, as we were walking through the streets we noticed tons of posters hung up everywhere.

when we came across one we looked up at it to see both our faces printed on them that read in big bold letters "On the look out for runaway Children" 

hayes and i immediately looked at eachother, and with one glance we both knew exactly what we were thinking.

"what are we going to do?!" hayes shouted

"i dont know! what if they find us hayes?! i cant go back!."  i worried

"We have to go!, we cant stay here our they'll find us!" hayes yelled

i agreed and we quickly tried making our way back to the motel, as we were rushing back, an officer tried stopping us; i guess he recognized us from the missing children posters and tried running after us.

Hayes and i started running and i felt sick to my stomach. I didnt want to go back! i didnt want to be that lonely foster kid that cant get adopted. I wanted love, and with hayes love is all i ever felt.

Hayes and i kept running as fast as we could, we past a couple corners and hid in an ally, we thought we were finally safe until, a police officer came behind us and gripped my arm.

"ouch!" i yelled as he pulled me up 

"let her go!" hayes yelled as he struggled to let him make me go.

"you two are coming with me!" he said 

hayes and i sighed and he put us in the back of his cop car.

'great to be back here!' i thought to myself sarcastically 

i laid my head on hayes shoulder and he sighed

"no matter what happens, i love you." hayes whispered in my ear, i smiled and pressed my lips against his cheek, "hayes, i love you. and im not letting anybody separate us." i said

Hayes smiled. "ok, but if anything, ill wait for you." 

we snuggled against each other and the police officer rolled his eyes and pertended to gag, i honestly laughed a little inside.

about an hour later of silence the officer finally spoke...

"So why did you guys runaway?"

Hayes and i looked at each other and smiled, "to be together."

"why?What happened.." he asked 

"We were forbidden to be with each other..." hayes said as he started playing with my fingers 

the officer gave us a slight smile, " that's actually kinda sweet." he said looking at us through the small Meier at the top corner of the car 

Hayes smiled and just before we knew it we were standing in front of my door step.

i took a deep breath and entered the door with hayes by my side.

Mrs Linsey took one glance at us and a look of disappointment grew on her face, i held hayes's hand tightly as she made her way towards us.

"Mrs Linsey i-

she quickly interrupted wme with a big hug, i was confused. I thought she'd be bitching about the whole thing.

"Im just glad your back home, safe." she said 

i gave her a side smile and looked up at Hayes.

"and for you..." she said turning her head towards Hayes. Hayes sighed and held me close to him.

"You can continue seeing Michelle." she said with a smile.

Hayes and i quickly looked at each other and huge smiles grew on our faces, hayes picked me up and swung me around.

"I'll leave you to alone" She winked while existing the room., "oh and by the way, Michelle you have a meeting tomorrow, with some very nice people that would like to adopt you!" 

hayes hugged me tight and kissed my lips, "wow thats great!" hayes yelled

i nodded and hugged him back, "ya, its perfect."