Perplexity

I woke up to the persistent ringing of the alarm I had set.

It was today, the day I'd leave for college, the day I'd finally escape from this house. I'd finally have a chance at a drama free life away from this...this travesty. I could go to school with my brothers I could have a chance of being myself. I was excited to say the least but the what ifs never really went away.

As I got ready for my flight and ate my breakfast I couldn't help  but think that mabye this was for the best. I was moving closer to my brothers they protected me the best they could but there is only so much a person can do.

When I reached the airport my mother and I exchanged a teary goodbye despite what I had seen through my life my love for her was ever present. I guess it's because she's the only one who even remotely understood me.

I had always felt closer to my mother, my father on the other hand was a story for another time.

Walking through the airport I looked around at the people surrounding me and wondered what their life must be like. Many of them looked tired, others seemed to be deep in conversation, some seemed to be laughing. It all seemed to be so real yet so fake. But I couldn't say for sure as everyone here was a complete stranger to me.

The protocols for flight boarding passed in a Haze. I was heading to California State University once I got there. It was not my dream University but given the circumstances I don't think I even had any dreams anymore. Such matters now seem meager to me. For the rest of the flight I decided to close my eyes and go to rest. I almost instantly fell into a dreamless sleep with only one thought in my mind. Hopefully this is for the better and for once my life doesn't turn out to be a complete clusterfuck.

*******
Once I'd landed I taken a cab and ridden straight to the dorms. I'd just woken up so in my half asleep phase I didn't really notice my surroundings but upon reaching my dorms the least I could conclude was that this was an awfully sunny place. Not what I was used to but new beginnings meant change and think I could handle this.

The rest happened in a daze but i eventually ended up on my dorm bed staring up at the ceiling once again.

Looking up at the unfamiliar light blue roof of the dorm only just made me realize that I was no longer at home. I was here in University. I wouldn't be sleeping on my dark blue duvet bed, the first thing I would see in the morning wouldn't be my plain peach ceiling and I wouldn't be hearing my mother's voice first thing in the morning, for the while now anyway. I was finally away, I tried to take it in but it was a lot even for me.

About a few hours later there was a sound of someone knocking on my door, when I opened it is was instantly met with a pair of bright hazel eyes. It was a girl who seemed to be the same age as me, almost the same height with dirty blond hair, a soft heart face with light mocha skin that seemed to glow even in the cold gloominess of the hallway. She gave off a confident vibe and I could only assume she was a Latino American as her appearance gave me the feeling she must have lived by tropical beeches most her life.

"Hi, you must be my dorm mate, right?", I began.

She smiled softly at me and replied " Yes, hi I'm Rosalia, and you must be..?"

" Eda.. Eda Michaels, but you can call me Eda, come in! "

I opened the door wider to let her in. I like her aldready, there was something about her presence that was comforting. I didn't know what it was because I had just met her but she seemed nice so I guess it was a worthy shot of getting to know her.

For the rest of the afternoon we learnt stuff about each other. Turns out my assumptions  were close she was Mexican, partly but she travelled alot so the Latino accent never really stuck with her. She said she liked my accent and told me that she had six sisters all of which were younger than her: Felicia and Felicity who were six, Letticia who was eight, Charlotte who was eighteen, and lastly Earnest and Doris who were both twelve.

She proceeded to asked me similar questions, and it went on like that for the rest of the afternoon until she decided to skip dinner and retire to bed early. I decided to do the same but after changing out of my clothes first, when I looked at myself in the mirror I looked plain. I had tan skin, I was tall, had green eyes, dark black hair and a slender body with excessive curves that I felt made me look fat. But there was no time to dwell on that. I turned on the hot water and let it relax my muscles, my mind replayed the events of the day and I realized that my brothers still didn't know that i was here.

Once I'd get out of the shower, I'd send out a quick text and inform them of my arrival after that I prepared for my first day that was tomorrow . I know this was a bad timing for someone to start  their first day of school soon after arriving but I just felt like it was best.

After this I just went to bed and drifted off into another dreamless sleep. Wondering what my first day tomorrow would be like.

So guys update. I know this is a crappy chapter but I really would appreciate feedback and please comment on my story an tell me what you think to those of you that are reading this . Thank you for reading my story although I'm surprised people and even reading this. Tell me if you think improvements can be made.

P.S. if any of you want a midway spoiler on some of the drama in the story just drop by on the chat section.

P.s. what does p.s.mean. oh and please forgive the errors I had to write this story on a whim.

I miss youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें